Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TPMS  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
TPMS
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
Now we all kinow that the XR does not have a fangled tyre pressure monitoring system like what the GS does however.....

When banked over at about 50mph and you get a sudden and rapid deflation of the rear tyre you do not, and trust me on this, do not need a flashing yellow light on the dash to tell you that a tyre has popped !

My sphincter told me all i needed !
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
Re: TPMS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
Now we all kinow that the XR does not have a fangled tyre pressure monitoring system like what the GS does however.....

When banked over at about 50mph and you get a sudden and rapid deflation of the rear tyre you do not, and trust me on this, do not need a flashing yellow light on the dash to tell you that a tyre has popped !

My sphincter told me all i needed !
Here Redrick the sphincter option I cannot find that on the navigator V :745: I guess that's missing along with tyre sensors, I just hope I don't have find out in the way you did....

You all good?
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:22:48 PM »
OOH er missus!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 03:30:29 AM »
Good to hear you are ok!  What was the problem with the tire?
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:41:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Good to hear you are ok!  What was the problem with the tire?
Something punctured it. No nails or the like to be found just a small hole. The repairer said that would be why it deflated so quickly as a nail that had stayed in would have let it go down slower.

It was only a second or 2 of drama with a big wobble but now where near an off as I am a riding God ( read lucky)

The hole was dead centre so an easy repair and i can now enjoy the last 1000 miles that are left in that tyre
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline fgdriver

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Red
  • Town: London
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »
Glad to hear you are ok.

S.
As Always Ride Safe.

dysfunctional