Author Topic: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!  (Read 322 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#10

Online Antares

  • XR Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 561
  • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Staines/Kirklees
  • Country: gb
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 08:40:54 PM
Yea but you're buying from a UK company with a UK card and getting it shipped abroad, not exactly surprising that powerbronze assumes that item is due UK VAT, anyway if you get your money back happy days.

#11

Offline Salem

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 288
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Country: nl
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 09:18:57 PM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
Why weird? I am a European. Half English, half German living in France. My income is from a 28 year career with the Royal Air Force that pays a pension from the UK. All my income is declared on my French tax return.
Well I'm ex Air Force too. Pilot, instructor pilot. Lived in the Netherlands, US, UK, Germany, and now Belgium. To complicate that, I've a pre pension USD income. I think your payment method  is questionable, and you are not right in calling Powerbronze wrong

#12

Offline Diavel

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Vientiane
  • Country: la
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 01:03:15 AM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
Why weird? I am a European. Half English, half German living in France. My income is from a 28 year career with the Royal Air Force that pays a pension from the UK. All my income is declared on my French tax return.

(Bob T) In one of your recent posts ,where BMW were criticised, I seem to recall that you said that many1000's of customers were very satisfied and that a small number of complainers had no point and that their complaints were overblown 😁. I have always had excellent service from Powerbronze and would highly recommend them.

#13

Offline BobT

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000XR, R1250RS
  • Town: Perigueux
  • Country: fr
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 08:42:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Salem [+]
Well I'm ex Air Force too. Pilot, instructor pilot. Lived in the Netherlands, US, UK, Germany, and now Belgium. To complicate that, I've a pre pension USD income. I think your payment method  is questionable, and you are not right in calling Powerbronze wrong

The invoice shows that they did not pay the VAT but kept it. I paid much higher postage to post from the UK to France and that is fair. The invoice shows the full price which would include UK Vat but reads that no VAT was paid, the invoice should have been 20% cheaper. I paid EU import duty on arrival, which is fair enough too.
Someone at Powerbronze deliberately knocked the 20% VAT off and then added an extra 20% profit on.

#14

Offline RichardPB

  • Powerbronze - Forum Vendor
  • XR Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 98
  • Town: Littlehampton
  • Country: gb
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 09:12:25 AM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
The invoice shows that they did not pay the VAT but kept it. I paid much higher postage to post from the UK to France and that is fair. The invoice shows the full price which would include UK Vat but reads that no VAT was paid, the invoice should have been 20% cheaper. I paid EU import duty on arrival, which is fair enough too.
Someone at Powerbronze deliberately knocked the 20% VAT off and then added an extra 20% profit on.

Hello BobT,

As stated in my reply to your comment on November 4th 2021 at 4:45 p.m., we need you to contact us on 01903 783222 to be refunded the £9.84 as we require your card details to be able to issue the refund.

Kind Regards,
Richard Padwick


#15

Online Mareng1

  • XR God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1260
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Cumbria
  • Country: gb
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #15 on: November 15, 2021, 09:27:52 AM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
The invoice shows that they did not pay the VAT but kept it. I paid much higher postage to post from the UK to France and that is fair. The invoice shows the full price which would include UK Vat but reads that no VAT was paid, the invoice should have been 20% cheaper. I paid EU import duty on arrival, which is fair enough too.
Someone at Powerbronze deliberately knocked the 20% VAT off and then added an extra 20% profit on.

That’s a pretty bold accusation, based only on a customer invoice.     Thousands of companies in EU and UK will have had transition issues with their accounting software (and many may still).

If I am reading it correctly - then PB should have charged you the nett cost, and you should have paid the VAT in France?     There is VAT due somewhere, for sure.

#16

Offline BobT

  • XR Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 195
  • Bike: S1000XR, R1250RS
  • Town: Perigueux
  • Country: fr
Re: Re: Powerbronze have a new website!!
Reply #16 on: November 15, 2021, 10:07:54 AM
*Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
That’s a pretty bold accusation, based only on a customer invoice.     Thousands of companies in EU and UK will have had transition issues with their accounting software (and many may still).

If I am reading it correctly - then PB should have charged you the nett cost, and you should have paid the VAT in France?     There is VAT due somewhere, for sure.

Yes I did pay VAT and duty in France, that is why I tried to reclaim through UK Revenue and Customs but was told that no VAT had been paid in the UK as the retailer had exported tax free at a 20% inflated price, not my words but the words of the lady in HMRC.

 



dysfunctional