Author Topic: bmw connectedride cradle.  (Read 1784 times)

Offline JerryG

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Re: bmw connectedride cradle.
Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 04:36:37 PM
*Originally Posted by Antares [+]
It's only Apple's shoddy workmanship combined with quadlock's rigid mountings that caused issues, never heard of it on any other combo

I had a Pixel 5 camera failure while using a Ram X-Grip.

My Pixel 5 camera has some of the same tech as Apple products; most Android phones do.

BMW's Cradle looks as rigid as you can get to me.

Online BobT

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR, R1250RS
  • Town: Perigueux
Reply #11 on: November 21, 2021, 04:55:51 PM
*Originally Posted by JerryG [+]
Which Android phone(s)?

Not sure, it is just a phone and it works. I think that it is only apple that have said not to mount to a bike as they will be damaged.

Online BobT

• XR Pro
Reply #12 on: November 21, 2021, 04:59:01 PM
*Originally Posted by JerryG [+]
I had a Pixel 5 camera failure while using a Ram X-Grip.

My Pixel 5 camera has some of the same tech as Apple products; most Android phones do.

BMW's Cradle looks as rigid as you can get to me.

Still not had any problems. As I said, if you don't want to use the cradle because you think that it looks rigid then that is your choice. Why are you even commenting on this thread if you don't want one and only have negative things to say about the cradle that you have never seen yet?

Offline lancaja

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2021 Ice Gray XR
  • Town: Odessa, FL
Reply #13 on: November 21, 2021, 05:06:39 PM
I have a pixel 5 and 2021 xr and have used a powered cradle that attaches the same way to the bmw nav mount.  It has only been about 2100 miles so far, but my camera is still working perfectly.  I will end up getting the whichever is cheaper between the wunderlich or the bmw mount.

Offline garyculb

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2021 XR Sport
  • Town: Sumter, SC
Reply #14 on: November 21, 2021, 05:22:54 PM
I certainly hope that BMW Motorrad has worked out the issues with the iPhone loosing photo capabilities from vibration with their New ConnectRide phone device.

Have to agree with JerryG:
- Despite my best efforts I still cannot get the BMW Connect App to work well/easily with my iPhone, Sena, New Nav VI and my 2021 XR Sport.
Just not a turn & go feature especially, in the Appalachian Mountains.
- Ruined my iPhone with a iBracket mount to the XR.

Solution:

QUADMOUNT

(with anti vibration device)

Best,

Doc :0461: :0461:

[/font]
Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 05:24:43 PM by garyculb
2021 XR Sport

Online BobT

• XR Pro
Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 05:45:28 PM
It is easy to forget that only 28% of the worlds smart phones are iphones and therefore BMW has got a reliable system with 72% of smartphone users. I don't see BMW even bothering to sort out the issues that Apple has built into their phones.
I know that now every iphone user will be along to tell me that it is not apples fault and that they work fine with a car, but us users in the 72% have far less problems.
My girlfriend has an iphone as her other phone, but never uses it on her bike because her Android phone has much better integration with the bike, and is not as delicate.

Offline JerryG

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #16 on: November 21, 2021, 06:36:40 PM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
Why are you even commenting on this thread if you don't want one and only have negative things to say about the cradle that you have never seen yet?

Because I have experience with seven different mounts and I asked the BMW press rep relevant questions to which they responded. You may believe we should only all be commenting on things we support and agree with, I certainly don't.

Online Mab1067

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
  • Town: PETERHEAD
Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 08:54:45 AM
I sometimes wonder why everybody gets so wound up re connectivity and especially using mobiles phones when out on a Motorbike.
I totally understand the need and like having music etc on at times. However for me the whole idea on having my bike is to enjoy the Bike experience and being away from the hassle of day to day work etc.
Being connected is not the be all and end all while biking. If anything it surely is a totally unnecessary safety risk.

If you need to speak and or chase up directions. Stop and take a few mins so your not distracted and ride safe.

There will be those that totally disagree and need for work etc and grand tours etc. Which i have no issue. Just think and remember why we love the bike and the roads in the first place.
I mean getting lost in the middle of France and or Sapin is half the fun. Ending up in village in the middle of nowhere and then the locals bring out Tapas etc and tell you exactly where to go, even if you dont understand a word they are saying.
Not only that another £180 for something that is not required, could get some nice bling for bike etc or Ferry ticket to where ever..  :821:

Online af1-windy

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Leeds
Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 09:40:48 AM
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
Ferry ticket to where ever..  :821:

This  :028:  :001:

Offline bobdave

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
Reply #19 on: November 22, 2021, 10:35:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
I sometimes wonder why everybody gets so wound up re connectivity and especially using mobiles phones when out on a Motorbike.
I totally understand the need and like having music etc on at times. However for me the whole idea on having my bike is to enjoy the Bike experience and being away from the hassle of day to day work etc.
Being connected is not the be all and end all while biking. If anything it surely is a totally unnecessary safety risk.

If you need to speak and or chase up directions. Stop and take a few mins so your not distracted and ride safe.

There will be those that totally disagree and need for work etc and grand tours etc. Which i have no issue. Just think and remember why we love the bike and the roads in the first place.
I mean getting lost in the middle of France and or Sapin is half the fun. Ending up in village in the middle of nowhere and then the locals bring out Tapas etc and tell you exactly where to go, even if you dont understand a word they are saying.
Not only that another £180 for something that is not required, could get some nice bling for bike etc or Ferry ticket to where ever..  :821:

I'm of the same mindset. I get on the bike to clear my mind of day to day crap but each to their own and good luck with which ever phone mount you choose if fitting one.
Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 10:36:57 AM by bobdave