Author Topic: HEX ezCAN II for BMW  (Read 2267 times)

Offline the bartender

• XR Pro
  • Town: Vancouver
Re: HEX ezCAN II for BMW
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 06:03:26 PM
beta hardware or beta software? If its software, you can just un-enroll and go to the production software.

Offline BravoMike

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Indianapolis
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 04:46:16 AM
*Originally Posted by the bartender [+]
beta hardware or beta software? If its software, you can just un-enroll and go to the production software.

Good question. Here is the quote from the email.

We've marked your device as a beta unit, could you please connect to the latest version of the ezCAN software (downloaded from our website below):
https://www.hexezcan.com/software/
Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 04:47:29 AM by BravoMike

Offline bobdave

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S100XR
  • Town: Bournemouth
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 08:41:41 AM
When I first connected mine to the laptop yesterday it informed me I had to connect to the latest version of the software - don't know if that is because I am on a beta unit or because it just does that. What I did notice when actually configuring the unit it did not appear the same as in the youtube configuration video which showed 4 options to choose from. Mine only showed one config line but I could change it by editing that config to match any of the 4 originally shown on the video. From there I changed one of the channels for my heated gloves as per my earlier post in this thread.

Offline BravoMike

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Indianapolis
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 05:03:38 PM
*Originally Posted by bobdave [+]
When I first connected mine to the laptop yesterday it informed me I had to connect to the latest version of the software - don't know if that is because I am on a beta unit or because it just does that. What I did notice when actually configuring the unit it did not appear the same as in the youtube configuration video which showed 4 options to choose from. Mine only showed one config line but I could change it by editing that config to match any of the 4 originally shown on the video. From there I changed one of the channels for my heated gloves as per my earlier post in this thread.

The update on the software was supposedly because of the issue I had and they say it should now be corrected. I haven’t had a time to confirm yet.

I will say that Denali has been very responsive and quick to adjust the software. That to me says a lot about how good their customer service is.

Offline the bartender

• XR Pro
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 05:19:34 PM
*Originally Posted by BravoMike [+]
I will say that Denali has been very responsive and quick to adjust the software. That to me says a lot about how good their customer service is.

Denali didnt do anything. They're just re-selling a re-badged unit. The work was done by the team at Hex :)

Offline bobdave

• XR Pro
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 01:22:50 PM
When fitting a pair of LED spotlights via the HEX ezCAN II do I need to instal a resistor into the circuit or does the HEX ezCAN deal with that ?

Offline the bartender

• XR Pro
Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 04:37:13 PM
When fitting a pair of LED spotlights via the HEX ezCAN II do I need to instal a resistor into the circuit or does the HEX ezCAN deal with that ?

No resistor needed, as the hex is providing the power, not the can-bus.

Offline bobdave

• XR Pro
Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 05:57:36 PM
*Originally Posted by the bartender [+]
No resistor needed, as the hex is providing the power, not the can-bus.

Thanks, thought I'd better ask!

Offline bobdave

• XR Pro
Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 04:08:11 PM
Spot lights fitted and working. The HEXezCAN certainly makes it a much simpler job with full control on the light output without extra switches etc.

Offline af1-windy

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Leeds
Reply #19 on: December 09, 2021, 07:26:14 AM
Spot lights fitted and working. The HEXezCAN certainly makes it a much simpler job with full control on the light output without extra switches etc.

Pleased it went well. :028:

Have you got both lights on one plug or did you go the 2 lights 2 plugs?

What settings have you programmed in? as in; light off when indicating. lights flash when you blow the horn and have you got dimmability through the wheel thing on the hand grip?  :187:

apologies for all the questions but about to fit the same thing on my bike. I'll be fitting a Denali Soundbomb as well..  :007:

:821: windy
Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:27:06 AM by af1-windy

dysfunctional