Author Topic: System 7 Helmet and comms system with Gen 2 XR - whats the order?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline BobT

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR, R1250RS
  • Town: Perigueux
Re: System 7 Helmet and comms system with Gen 2 XR - whats the order?
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 08:32:34 AM
You have copied and pasted text from somewhere to justify the fact that you do not want the cradle, fine don't buy one. I am sure that BMW will sell loads.  you go on to say "I don't connect any of this to my XR, it's just not reliable enough and too troublesome to use the TFT. Instead, the phone is connected to (1) my Sena as the "primary phone" and (2) my WunderLinq Blackbox; then the Nav VI is connected to my Sena as "secondary phone"." That tells me that you don't have much knowledge or interest in the subject ether.  :008:

Offline peterwbaker1100

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR W/B/R
  • Town: Stoke-Sub-Hamdon
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 10:08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing WunderLinq's Blackbox (see https://blackboxembedded.com/) that is a new one on me - looks kind of neat! Peter
R1250RT two up / S1000XR for fun!

Online surik116

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr gen2
  • Town: London
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 10:30:39 AM
My prefered choice would be BMW cradle. wunderlinq looks good. but for the price point and apps it supports, not for me.

BMW app is continuosly being enhanced and new features added.

the reason route guidence is not avialable during riding is the phone screens are not capsitative. which would be the case with Wunderlinq as well.

however the BMW cradle can do the route guidance with the handle bar controls.

Offline JerryG

• XR Pro
  • Bike: 2021 S1000XR
  • Town: Hendersonville
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 01:30:21 PM
*Originally Posted by BobT [+]
You have copied and pasted text from somewhere to justify the fact that you do not want the cradle, fine don't buy one. I am sure that BMW will sell loads.  you go on to say "I don't connect any of this to my XR, it's just not reliable enough and too troublesome to use the TFT. Instead, the phone is connected to (1) my Sena as the "primary phone" and (2) my WunderLinq Blackbox; then the Nav VI is connected to my Sena as "secondary phone"." That tells me that you don't have much knowledge or interest in the subject ether.  :008:

Not somewhere...BMW itself...https://support.bmw-motorrad.com/s/article-search?topic=Navigation&language=en_GB&searchKey=ConnectedRide%20Cradle&hashtags

I've got plenty of knowledge and interest...I really tried hard to get the TFT connected stuff to work and they didn't. I'm not alone, there are plenty of postings reporting such problems. When BMW has connected products that actually work reliably with more than just their own stuff, I'll be happy to use it.