Author Rapid Bike Evo help with fueling  (Read 1076 times)

• Offline mjojom   gb

• XR Member  ‐    44
    • Topic Author

Offline mjojom

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: s1000xr
    Rapid Bike Evo help with fueling
    on: December 03, 2021, 04:38:48 pm
    December 03, 2021, 04:38:48 pm
    HI Guys,
    anyone who can help me with rapid bike evo fueling maps?
    I've cut out the mid-box and added a mid-pipe, so a small portion of cats is still present in the downpipe.
    Installed rapid bike Evo (RBE) and loaded akra headers and k&N map. That didn't sort out the low down fueling, so loaded the next one that come with the software that was akra end can, though that may be closer to my setup.
    So the map is below:

it felt ok, but again with auto-corrections switched on, it didn't seem to sort out "rodeo" like slow traffic riding.
    From the seller, I bought RBE from I got pointed to the Guy from perform.sports, I think he may be an RBE rep for the UK, and after a discussion, he sent me a modded map:

it wasn't that bad, but gradually I could feel the bike was losing low down torque and it felt like in rain mod pulling away from a stop. I've looked at auto-corrections, applied them, and was told to increase the mixture towards rich.
    These are the auto corrections:

Heres the map with corrections applied:

Over the next few days riding the above got progressively worse, needed quite a bit of throttle twist to move from a standstill, "rodeo" snatchiness was getting worse, low down torque was quite bad, again looked at auto-corrections this is what I got:

and map with applied corrections:

it seems for whatever reason, RBE auto corrections are trying to make the mixture leaner with less fueling. 

Contacted the chap again, and here is the latest map he sent me, and advised me to switch off the auto-corrections.

the map feels really nice, the bike has got strong pull, wants to wheelie in 2nd gear with a slight twist of the throttle, but:
    1. I can see the fueling adjustments are quite a bit more than normal, this will reflect on fuel consumption quite a bit I take?
    2. Why is the auto mode in RBE trying to make the mixture way too lean to the point that bike its sh#t without any power at low RPM?
    3. Can anyone with a similar setup look @ their maps and tell me where I can make adjustments and if the last map looks how it roughly should be?

I only uploaded the latest map last night, so this morning's commute was the first one, not had a chance to have a good ride yet, it is better, but low down speeds filtering still does not feel smooth but snatchy.
    I am only going by what I can read here from you guys, that bike is capable to be smooth and very capable at the low RPM, however, how smooth is smooth?

The bike is 18 plate

Thanks in advance

• Offline Quent   england

• XR Member  ‐    58

Offline Quent

• XR Member
    • The older I get the faster I was!
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: Peterborough
    Re: Rapid Bike Evo help with fueling
    Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 08:21:26 pm
    December 03, 2021, 08:21:26 pm
    My advice would be get it on a dyno with someone who knows what they are doing! It might seem expensive but no where near as expensive as a new motor if you get it wrong. The results will be amazing and very worthwhile.
    What could possibly go wrong!!

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    1071

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 08:49:09 pm
    December 03, 2021, 08:49:09 pm
    *Originally Posted by Quent [+]
    My advice would be get it on a dyno with someone who knows what they are doing! It might seem expensive but no where near as expensive as a new motor if you get it wrong. The results will be amazing and very worthwhile.

Whilst I agree, that's a bit dramatic, it's VERY hard to blow up a motor just with tuning, especially over such a short time, minor adjustments like he is making won't do any harm.
    Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 08:50:25 pm by Antares

• Offline mjojom   gb

• XR Member  ‐    44
    • Topic Author

Offline mjojom

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 09:07:21 pm
    December 03, 2021, 09:07:21 pm
    thanks,
    1. RBE user software is to be used with the general public and therefore it is made so it prevents you from making big changes that would damage your engine, and as mentioned, over a short period of time.
    2. sticking it on dyno really kills the purpose of RBE, I need at least a couple of maps and RBE should auto-adjust to any changes I'll make, like different filters, different exhaust, etc..
    3. the maps I've included are not mine, but sent to me by a guy from a reputable company. the changes are made by automatic map adjustment which I've asked about and seems to be leaning the maps that i load up.

RBE software includes a few maps for quite a few motorcycle makes/models. for example, bmw s1000xr has got about 4 maps with hardware setups in the description, ie: akra downpipes plus k&n filter.
    Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 09:10:46 pm by mjojom

• Offline smithy   au

• XR God  ‐    2198

Offline smithy

• XR God
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 09:23:25 pm
    December 03, 2021, 09:23:25 pm
    You need to get rid of the partial cats you've left in the exhaust. Using a partial decat causes all sorts of unwanted issues, fit a proper set of headers like Akra or Arrow.
    You'll be chasing the tune forever with half the cats still in the system.

Smithy.   
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

• Offline Quent   england

• XR Member  ‐    58

Offline Quent

• XR Member
    • The older I get the faster I was!
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: Peterborough
    Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 09:27:59 pm
    December 03, 2021, 09:27:59 pm
    I hear what you are saying, but in my experience the only way to perfect the fueling is with your bike on a dyno, as all engines vary slightly any generic map will give differing results and therefore will not get the best from the engine, which I assume is the aim of all the work.
    What could possibly go wrong!!

• Offline mjojom   gb

• XR Member  ‐    44
    • Topic Author

Offline mjojom

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 10:21:03 pm
    December 03, 2021, 10:21:03 pm
    *Originally Posted by smithy [+]
    You need to get rid of the partial cats you've left in the exhaust. Using a partial decat causes all sorts of unwanted issues, fit a proper set of headers like Akra or Arrow.
    You'll be chasing the tune forever with half the cats still in the system.

Smithy.
    it isn't difficult to take cats out, once done, the headers inc the end can are straight-through pipes. akra or a widow may have better gases resonance but really don't see how much of a significant difference that can add, some for sure.  however, I would really don't want to make bike any louder than it already is, at the current setup it is 102db and even 1db on top of that would be painful to ride with, hence don't really want to remove the last bits of cat, but maybe I'm wrong and it won't be any louder -anyone knows?
    if you can elaborate on "chasing the tune" , as far as I am aware, RBE should be working just fine with full cats and silencer box in place and should be able to sort the fueling on original downpipes, so don't really understand how it isn't working with most of the backpressure removed. RBE should be able to adjust "on the fly" to changes to your exhaust, filters etc.. Or is it just marketing and in the real world it does not work as advertised? I know youve said that your autotune is off cos it was changing map they way that didn't suit you. was it the same as mine, making it leaner?
    If I understand correctly from what I read in the manual if you have a map switch on RBE, autotune should make two maps, one richer, one leaner automatically, to me it seems as mine making the lean one for some reason..

I'm happy to have auto-tune off so the bike does not chase the "perfect" tune, I just need to be able to have a reasonably good bike that is fine in traffic or twisties and not stupidly hungry. Bikes capabilities far outrun my abilities as a rider, so I am not chasing every last HP I could squeeze out of it.

cheers
    joe
    Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 10:25:04 pm by mjojom

• Offline Winger   gb

• XR God  ‐    3517

Offline Winger

• XR God
    • Town: Birmingham
    Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 07:57:20 am
    December 04, 2021, 07:57:20 am
    Quent and Smithy have tried to point you in the right direction....there’s a problem you ain’t listening judging by your posts  :001:

Aftermarket fuelling is an art form....Quent already pointed out no two motors are the same, as are no two dyno’s so it’s no good comparing dyno figures either.

What I see...is an aftermarket fuelling system very few are familiar with, a bodged exhaust system and no mention of O2/Lamba that needs to go in the bin....

Aftermarket headers/End can/PC/set up on a dyno....the reality....any HP is Bonus the bottom end fuelling is utterly sublime, well mine has been for years now.

Now....I’ll hold my hands up and admit i’ve Tried to beat the system  :002: yes I have 4 bikes set as above, have a K1200 with a Rexxer map got there in the end of sorts...but just not enough info or users and went back to a PC on other bikes.

The very best of luck 👍