Author Topic: Michelin Launch Road 6  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: Michelin Launch Road 6
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2022, 01:31:36 PM
Peaky Profile for the 5 is a good description....the shape of the 6 is like a 5 with several thousand miles on it...can only assume that Mich have done their home work and the 6 works just as well but side by side certainly there is a difference.

Offline Volvoxc40

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Ayr
Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 08:08:17 PM
I’ve had the Road 6’s on now for a few weeks and have to say they seem fine despite the state of our roads at the moment with salt and crap

Offline Warree

• XR Pro
  • Town: Pembury
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 08:58:49 PM
It was very difficult to get some but Visor Down came through with good price. Very reassuring tyres in cold and wet conditions.

Offline Alan_R

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2019 SE Sports
  • Town: Nr Grantham
Reply #13 on: May 08, 2022, 02:04:08 PM
Just had Road 6s fitted. £348 for the pair. Look great and feel very assured. Apparently Michelin put their prices up next week.
Alan_R

Offline Salem

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Reply #14 on: May 08, 2022, 03:09:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Alan_R [+]
Just had Road 6s fitted. £348 for the pair. Look great and feel very assured. Apparently Michelin put their prices up next week.
I've enough rubber left for the season on two sets of wheels, but might purchase a set of R6's before the end of July. Where I live Michelin has been doing cashbacks, typically from mid May to the end of July. Last year it was only €30, but that's almost 10%. And looks like Michelin publishes that only on the start day... Which would be next week. I might of course be wrong but in the last few years I used it for my R5 purchases, even on online purchased tyres. All you needed was a valid invoice on your name, limited to one set/year.
Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 03:11:07 PM by Salem

Offline Mareng1

• XR God
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Cumbria
Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 04:32:56 PM
*Originally Posted by Winger [+]
Peaky Profile for the 5 is a good description....the shape of the 6 is like a 5 with several thousand miles on it...can only assume that Mich have done their home work and the 6 works just as well but side by side certainly there is a difference.

Well - I have invested in Road5 and might try them ahead of the planned Conti RAs I have in the garage for this year's holidays.

Story if my life - always behind the curve !  :084:

Oh!  Tried the Daytonas fully today - Best boots I have ever worn!  (taller than my usual fare, but possibly better for that)  :028:

dysfunctional