Author Any ideas for Givi rack  (Read 2187 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Mab1067   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    209
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Mab1067

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 209
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: PETERHEAD
    • Country: gb
    Any ideas for Givi rack
    on: January 08, 2022, 10:56:58 am
    January 08, 2022, 10:56:58 am
    Morning all.
    So went an bought Givi rack and 57ltr top box along with BMW Panniers last year for my Gen 2 XR. All good stuff and worked brilliantly on both Touring trips with wife in 2021.

    Been looking through GIVI site as was looking for something that would lock in and not have to worry or take off bike when stopping for example. I have a SWMotech tankring bag which is great. But just thought there would be a smaller Givi bag that could go on the back. I realise there are tail bags etc but nothing i can find round about 8 to 12 ltr as a day bag.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated  :028:

  • Online Becksy   gb

    • XR Master  ‐    501
    • ****
      #1

    Online Becksy

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 501
    • Bike: S1000XR (2016)
    • Town: Warwickshire
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 02:56:47 pm
    January 08, 2022, 02:56:47 pm
    I use a givi top box, and for day trips where I don’t need that much I use this which is designed to fit to the same rack, though it will fit to pretty much anything . It’s perfect size for me for shorter day rides as opposed to a commute or overnight.

    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/492654?glCountry=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0y5b0dY-FoqYL7Fj6pZTfpBv9HhrhwoXMTVvx7XmbCT1ZYx-6LkuIEaAsv3EALw_wcB

  • Online wessie   gb

    • XR Master  ‐    618
    • ****
      #2

    Online wessie

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 618
    • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
    • Town: Cheltenham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 03:28:34 pm
    January 08, 2022, 03:28:34 pm
    *Originally Posted by Becksy [+]
    I use a givi top box, and for day trips where I don’t need that much I use this which is designed to fit to the same rack, though it will fit to pretty much anything . It’s perfect size for me for shorter day rides as opposed to a commute or overnight.

    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/492654?glCountry=GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAieWOBhCYARIsANcOw0y5b0dY-FoqYL7Fj6pZTfpBv9HhrhwoXMTVvx7XmbCT1ZYx-6LkuIEaAsv3EALw_wcB

    It's not absolutely clear in the 1st post, but whilst that is a nice bag, I don't think it meets the requirement of latching onto the Monokey plate so that it cannot be removed without a key. I think the OP is looking for a small hard case with a Monokey fitment so that stuff can be left on the bike, relatively securely. 

  • Online wessie   gb

    • XR Master  ‐    618
    • ****
      #3

    Online wessie

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 618
    • Bike: 2016 XR SE Sport
    • Town: Cheltenham
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 03:31:29 pm
    January 08, 2022, 03:31:29 pm
    The smallest case with a Monokey fitting is the Givi E21 or E22 (or Kappa K22N like this https://www.kappamoto.com/cases/Monokey/K22N). Kappa is the same company.

    I use a set of E21 as side cases. They have flip top lids which are great for side cases. The E21/22 box will fit on the Monokey rack and could be used as a top box, if you can tolerate the opening being on the side.


  • Online Becksy   gb

    • XR Master  ‐    501
    • ****
      #4

    Online Becksy

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 501
    • Bike: S1000XR (2016)
    • Town: Warwickshire
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 03:50:57 pm
    January 08, 2022, 03:50:57 pm
    *Originally Posted by wessie [+]
    It's not absolutely clear in the 1st post, but whilst that is a nice bag, I don't think it meets the requirement of latching onto the Monokey plate so that it cannot be removed without a key. I think the OP is looking for a small hard case with a Monokey fitment so that stuff can be left on the bike, relatively securely.

    Yes, I think you’re right. If I’m leaving my bike with this on, I padlock the zip, and wire lock it to the rack.
    Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 03:51:45 pm by Becksy

  • Offline Mab1067   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    209
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline Mab1067

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 209
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: PETERHEAD
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 08:49:57 am
    January 09, 2022, 08:49:57 am
    Thanks for the replies.
    Wessie is correct, looking for something that locks into the Monokey plate.

    Did look at the Givi bag as suggested. But not keen on padlocks and wires. To easy to cut off.
    Might email Givi and see if its something they may consider.

  • Online af1-windy   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    342
    • ***
      #6

    Online af1-windy

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 342
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 03:36:33 pm
    January 10, 2022, 03:36:33 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mab1067 [+]
    Thanks for the replies.
    Wessie is correct, looking for something that locks into the Monokey plate.

    Did look at the Givi bag as suggested. But not keen on padlocks and wires. To easy to cut off.
    Might email Givi and see if its something they may consider.

    How often do you expect to be clipping it on/off? If it's going to stay in place for weeks on end, consider a Pelican case https://www.casesuk.com/peli-protector-cases.html

    Drill and bolt it on, 4 nuts & bolts is never going to take a long time to put in/take out.

    Couple of decent combination locks and you're good to go.

    There are other similar type cases on the market.

    Just a thought. 

     :821: windy
    Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 03:44:05 pm by af1-windy
    "When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.

  • Online Mareng1   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1506
    • *****
      #7

    Online Mareng1

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1506
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 04:12:22 pm
    January 10, 2022, 04:12:22 pm
    Take the GIVI plate, and remove the latch at the back (it should be bolted on).

    Then buy one of these and drill the GIVI plate to take this lockable mount/bag system.

    https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/bag-faco-thunder-case-to-mount-at-luggage-carrier_FA4550

    (we won't tell anyone that it is for scooters.  :015:)


  • Online af1-windy   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    342
    • ***
      #8

    Online af1-windy

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 342
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 04:37:56 pm
    January 10, 2022, 04:37:56 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
    Take the GIVI plate, and remove the latch at the back (it should be bolted on).

    Then buy one of these and drill the GIVI plate to take this lockable mount/bag system.

    https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/bag-faco-thunder-case-to-mount-at-luggage-carrier_FA4550

    (we won't tell anyone that it is for scooters.  :015:)

    That's a cracking plan..  :028:
    "When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.

  • Offline Mab1067   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    209
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #9

    Offline Mab1067

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 209
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: PETERHEAD
    • Country: gb
    Re: Any ideas for Givi rack
    Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 05:44:51 pm
    January 12, 2022, 05:44:51 pm
    Not a bad option re the Sip scooter idea to be honest.
    However i went and ordered the Givi tail pack and helmet lock.

    Hopefully someone from Givi will have an XR and take heed of our solutions???
    Only issue with the Sip scooter idea is the bag itself still requires a padlock which is easily cut off. Same with the Give tail bag solution.

    Givi bag will be there when i get home so will post a pic of the finished result.