Author Topic: LED Bulbs  (Read 315 times)

Offline af1-windy

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Leeds
LED Bulbs
on: January 13, 2022, 08:08:59 AM

Offline Antares

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Staines/Kirklees
Re: LED Bulbs
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:43:39 AM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]

I've tried like half a dozen LED bulbs and as long as they are bright the biggest issue you can have is correct spread. The filament in halogen bulbs is about 27mm out from the base and is about 3mm*1mm right in the centre. If you want a good LED bulb, aside from quality the most important aspect is for it to match these numbers as much as it can. The smaller the LED surface the better, and the thinner the plate between the 2 sides also the better. That said the ones you linked claim to have been custom made for the XR therefore the spread may be even better than stock halogens, I haven't tried those so maybe someone who did can say if that's the case.
Otherwise the AUXITO Z1s I mentioned were the closest in this regard at the time I looked and they use OSRAM chips which are decent (you want to look out for this, ZES and CSP)

Auxito now offers these ones...

https://auxito.com/collections/h7-led-forward-lighting-bulbs/products/h7-led-bulbs-16000lm-6500k-xenon-white-compact-design-halogen-replacement

...and they look to be even better for board thinness and have more powerful CSP LED chips on them but I haven't gotten around to trying them yet, fairly happy with the ones I have now.

It looks pretty cool from outside imo.

Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 11:45:56 AM by Antares

Offline af1-windy

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 11:55:32 AM
That's a great reply, thank you.

As you've tried the others and you're happy I think I'll give the ones I looked at a go and hopefully they'll be as good as the Auxito Z1's. That way, others will have a choice should they wish to go the LED route.

:821: windy

Offline Antares

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Staines/Kirklees
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 12:08:29 PM
*Originally Posted by af1-windy [+]
That's a great reply, thank you.

As you've tried the others and you're happy I think I'll give the ones I looked at a go and hopefully they'll be as good as the Auxito Z1's. That way, others will have a choice should they wish to go the LED route.

:821: windy

Sounds good, I'll be interested in how they are

Offline af1-windy

• XR Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 12:23:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Antares [+]
Sounds good, I'll be interested in how they are

Ordered, I'll let you know how I get on with them..  :084: :028: