Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Next stop Hull  (Read 2403 times)

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheshire
Next stop Hull
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »
All loaded and ready to go. Hull, then Rotterdam, then Germany and France. Bring it on  :001:

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Town: Kildare
Re: Next stop Hull
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 12:30:14 PM »
Nice one, have a great time 
Don't forget, we need lots of photos of the bike in interesting locations to make us really jealous  :152:

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:20:48 PM »
Just about to order an XR.  i want to fit my GS vario luggage as in your pic, as I am keeping the GS, well for now anyway.  do you need special bracketry, I asked at the dealers and they look non plussed at me saying it can't be done. with the top box and tank bag I'll have enough storage space for shorter trips, and save the cost and clutter of a second set of luggage.

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »
The Vario top box goes straight onto the rear rack of the XR, BUT...............I have heard that some of the top rears of the XR's are different depending upon which package you have. My bike is the Sport SE and has this rear end...

Offline Svenski

• XR Member
  • Bike: "Hansel"Sport SE
  • Town: Cleveland,UK
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
Have good Trip Phil  :305:
Are you going to try and squeeze a lap of the ring on you way south to France :156: Can you lets us know what the policy is with lashing bikes down on the North Sea Ferries maybe some piccy's not sure if you lash your own bike down or not. Would be good know and share..

Have a good'un  :158:
“Life is like riding a bike. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

Offline roger z1b

• XR Member
  • Bike: gs lc / s1000xr
  • Town: wigan
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »
should be ok then, i am going to order the SE, thanks for that

Offline philbuck

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Svenski [+]
Can you lets us know what the policy is with lashing bikes down on the North Sea Ferries maybe some piccy's not sure if you lash your own bike down or not. Would be good know and share.

There were maybe a hundred bikes and scooters on board when we went. We lashed down ourselves. All the belts were in close proximity, although there was help at hand if you needed it. HTH

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Easy for me to say I guess as I've moved bikes for a living but one of the great sources of entertainment is watching bikers tieing bikes down on a ferry and how many can't fathom the workings of a rachet strap  :008: got to say I'm far happier doing my own,

On a side stand,in gear,rachet the same side as the side stand,don't like the strap over your seat when it's tightened?? stick your gloves underneath.

As for releasing such rachet just found it easier to do it for folk.