Author Topic: Klim Marrakesh Jacket  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Hugg727

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '22 XR Trpl Blk
Klim Marrakesh Jacket
on: March 17, 2022, 05:33:52 PM
Has anyone tried this yet for the warmer weather?  Heavier Codura than the Rukka, comes with D30 Level 1 armour( including back plate) and it even has a slightly waterproof coating on it.

The Chap in a Cap certainly likes it...

I like that you can pair it with the Klim Zephyr Wind shirt for the cooler AM rides

https://www.klim.com/Zephyr-Wind-Shirt-3715-000?quantity=1&color=778

Offline Antares

• XR Master
  • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
  • Town: Staines/Kirklees
Re: Klim Marrakesh Jacket
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 07:03:14 PM
Looks to me like an overpriced Richa Infinity jacket, I still swear by the fact that it's the best all around jacket and it's only 200 quid  :008: :008:

Offline darthdicky

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR TE 2022
  • Town: Devon
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 12:37:47 PM
I bought one recently for the summer. Only been out once so far with it. Fits nicely and comfy at 16c. Put the zephyr shirt on when it got down to 12c and that was fine. I’m pleased with it so far.

Offline Hugg727

• XR Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '22 XR Trpl Blk
Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 01:39:18 PM
I have been out on a few early Morning rides with this setup and I must say its quite good.  Very comfortable fit and when combined with the Zephyr, its quite warm. We are still in early Springtime temps here in NJ...upper 40's in the morning and 70F on the ride home, so I havent really tried it in the heat yet.
I have recently added the Klim Ai-1 airbag vest to my kit and the stretch material that the Marakesh is made from has a nice "give" to it, thus giving the airbag room to deploy.

I do have one complaint...
I am 5'11" (180cm) tall and I have the size M jacket.  When sitting on the bike the jacket "bunches" up because of its length and how it fits over the hips.  If there were zippers on each side that would open up the base of the jacket this wouldn't happen. If you are a shorter rider , this would probably be even worse.   I am considering taking the jacket to a shop to see if they could add the 2 zippers.  Other than that its a super comfortable setup.

Offline ROKIN

• XR Junior
  • Bike: bmw 1000xr
  • Town: ogden
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 06:51:38 AM
I have a set of the Baja and the Mirkesh, they are both great. But if it's going to be hot I will be wearing the Baja, its cooler has more features, and overall feels safer. But the Mirkesh has a bit more comfort due to how it's all so soft and flexible and it's a more normal looking jacket theBajan the Baja.