Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Advice needed please  (Read 2734 times)

Offline MattF

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR SE SPORT
Advice needed please
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
Hi all I'm new to XR ownership and have been checking out some of the many bits and pieces available for the bike and 2 items stand out as being desirable for me the HP Sport seat and a bigger screen.So my question is this, can you guys give me your thoughts on the seat and what might be the best replacement screen.I am approx 6'2" tall and quite wide across the shoulders as I am big boned!! Thanks.

Offline damodici

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport
  • Town: Nottingham
Re: Advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
I've got the HP Sports Seat high version and I'm 6ft 3, it's a good seat.

My ass hurt a bit after 550 miles in one hit back from Germany the other day but that's probably due to lack of time in the saddle.

But it's better than standard :)

I also had a genuine tinted screen which is very well made, but it still sits a little high for the look I wanted.

I got the puig sports screen recently which strangely is the same size but it mounts about 30mm lower so that gap at the bottom of the stock screen is removed

image no longer available

Offline keeley26

• XR Junior
  • Town: Sitrling
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:19 PM »
Great pic

Offline Fast Tony

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Waltham Abbey
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »
Hi, I bought the HP seat and swear by it. The low seat is like sitting on an ironing board, medium seat is 2.to 3 hr bearable. Unlike some manufacturers who used to call them "gel saddles" now call them "comfort saddles" due to just a fag paper of gel, to dodge the trade descriptions act. Well worth the money but make sure your legs are long enough for the extra height. Enjoy!

Offline MattF

• XR Junior
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:02 AM »
Thanks for the replies chaps more opinions greatly appreciated.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 07:03:56 PM »
I have the Puig touring screen but for different reasons

I am a short arse and the turbulent air coming over the top of the standard screen  caused me some discomfort. 4 inches taller and the standard screen would be best for me
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »
I find the standard tinted screen very good. I was on the continent at the weekend, and had several top speed runs, and it was fine in the low position. I'm 5'10 with a 34" inseam, for reference.

I've got the HP high seat, and although much more comfortable than the stock seat, I'm going to get an Airhawk for the longer trips away, as it gets a bit uncomfortable after around 6 hours on the bike.

Offline MattF

• XR Junior
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 12:48:45 PM »
Hi all I have now fitted the MRA Vario touring screen and Wunderlich wind deflector flaps both tinted look good on bike and make a very noticeable difference smoothing out the airflow around the bike (I am 6'2" in boots and a bit of a lump).All nicely made and easy to fit, bought from Mike at Sporttouring in Abercynon South Wales, top bloke very helpful and able to get all sorts of bits and pieces from lots of companies.Also fitted wunderlich brake pedal extender very nicely made and makes a big difference getting much better feel for the brake as I had missed the pedal on a couple of occassions whilst riding in traffic

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 02:40:33 PM »
Hi. Just fitted the Wunderlich Touring Screen. I'm 6'2" and it works fine in both positions. It's big, I mean BIG and may not suit your asthetics, but it works great upto well illegal speeds or so I'm told. :164:

dysfunctional