Author Just - YES  (Read 2095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline J-double-U   au

    • XR Member  ‐    27
    • **
    • Topic Author

    Offline J-double-U

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 27
    • Dont let your memories become bigger than your dr
    • Bike: Gen1 Blu/W 2019
    • Town: East /Melbourne
    • Country: au
    Just - YES
    on: April 30, 2022, 12:20:37 pm
    April 30, 2022, 12:20:37 pm
    First few hundred klms on my new to me 19 in Gitane Blue, used to smoke them for a few yrs as a young bloke in Leicester, Been in Melbourne more than half of my decades now tho.
    I digress
    Had only done 1,800 klm in close to 3 yrs when I liberated her recently  !
    Bizarre !
    She gets along GOOD hey
    That top end is going to b addictive 8to11.
    Just deleted the exhaust valve, interested to see if I can notice a difference tommoro?
    Decent brakes
    Suspension that easily allowed the centre stand to start leaving bits of itself on random corners, so that’s GONE.
    Once the original fitment Tyers are gone I might try Metzeler Sportec 9,s on her ?
    Oh yea & I’ve painted the Cat with BLACK Rustoleum stove paint, good for 1,200f apparently
    Any who, just YES, from me so far.



    Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 12:23:41 pm by J-double-U
    Never allow your memories to become bigger than your dreams

  • Offline af1-windy   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    337
    • ***
      #1

    Offline af1-windy

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 337
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 08:56:24 pm
    April 30, 2022, 08:56:24 pm
    Sounds like you're having fun... :028: it's interesting that you say you're leaving bits of centre stand on random bends.. I had a spirited ride lat weekend, didn't scrape anything but felt the lean angle was pretty decent... I'm not one for knee down malarkey but I do lean off and down toward the bend... reason i'm saying all this is becase when I checked the rear tyre I'd been quite near the edge and wondered if this is usual.
    "When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.

  • Offline J-double-U   au

    • XR Member  ‐    27
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline J-double-U

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 27
    • Dont let your memories become bigger than your dr
    • Bike: Gen1 Blu/W 2019
    • Town: East /Melbourne
    • Country: au
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 10:11:40 pm
    April 30, 2022, 10:11:40 pm
    I’m only just feeling her out at the moment Windy,
    90kg & 6ft here, so not overly stressing her bouncy bits
    It’s just the odd corner, up in the mountains near by, cranked over, then there’s a slight dip / depression in the road surface causing the centre stand scrape.
    Not complaining, she’s taught as it were.
    I might try running her in - rider plus luggage ?
    Early days.
    Cheers, J-double-U

    Never allow your memories to become bigger than your dreams

  • Offline af1-windy   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    337
    • ***
      #3

    Offline af1-windy

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 337
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 09:36:59 am
    May 01, 2022, 09:36:59 am
    *Originally Posted by J-double-U [+]
    I’m only just feeling her out at the moment Windy,
    90kg & 6ft here, so not overly stressing her bouncy bits
    It’s just the odd corner, up in the mountains near by, cranked over, then there’s a slight dip / depression in the road surface causing the centre stand scrape.
    Not complaining, she’s taught as it were.
    I might try running her in - rider plus luggage ?
    Early days.
    Cheers, J-double-U



    I'm running rider plus luggage, dynamic pro. There doesn't look like there's much more lean when you see the tyre but i feell there's more lean to come from the bike,. Weird!

     :821: windy
    "When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.

  • Offline LicandReg   au

    • XR Member  ‐    70
    • **
      #4

    Offline LicandReg

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 70
    • Bike: 2019 Black
    • Town: Mittagong
    • Country: au
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 06:07:55 am
    May 02, 2022, 06:07:55 am
    I'd say that's ample lean away from a track. Also removed the centre stand, but never had a problem with it getting in the way. Settings (Gen 1) - Rider + baggage, Dynamic damping, rider 100kg.
    Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:10:10 am by LicandReg
    L&R

  • Offline davidallard21   gb

    • XR Junior  ‐    4
    • *
      #5

    Offline davidallard21

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Posts: 4
    • David
    • Bike: Bmw s1000xr
    • Town: Lincoln
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 07:24:14 am
    May 02, 2022, 07:24:14 am
    Really frustrating, been emailed by forum admin but when I reply it does not put the email address in for forum admin and a I can’t find it anywhere so I can’t reply it’s so frustrating, can anyone help, I neeed forum admins contact details!!
    David

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1080
    • *****
      #6

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1080
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 08:59:36 am
    May 02, 2022, 08:59:36 am
    *Originally Posted by davidallard21@gmail.com [+]
    Really frustrating, been emailed by forum admin but when I reply it does not put the email address in for forum admin and a I can’t find it anywhere so I can’t reply it’s so frustrating, can anyone help, I neeed forum admins contact details!!

    Try PM-ing them

    https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=1

  • Offline J-double-U   au

    • XR Member  ‐    27
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline J-double-U

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 27
    • Dont let your memories become bigger than your dr
    • Bike: Gen1 Blu/W 2019
    • Town: East /Melbourne
    • Country: au
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 10:36:54 am
    May 02, 2022, 10:36:54 am
    *Originally Posted by LicandReg [+]
    I'd say that's ample lean away from a track. Also removed the centre stand, but never had a problem with it getting in the way. Settings (Gen 1) - Rider + baggage, Dynamic damping, rider 100kg.

    Interesting that u guys “ Shoving Along “ R using rider plus luggage - pre load.
    I’ll give that a go next time I’m out
    Were you doing this from early on in ownership / low klm bike. 
    Or once the suspension had to some degree worn in / fork oil thinned ?
    Thanks
    Never allow your memories to become bigger than your dreams

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1080
    • *****
      #8

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1080
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 11:39:35 am
    May 02, 2022, 11:39:35 am
    *Originally Posted by J-double-U [+]
    Interesting that u guys “ Shoving Along “ R using rider plus luggage - pre load.
    I’ll give that a go next time I’m out
    Were you doing this from early on in ownership / low klm bike. 
    Or once the suspension had to some degree worn in / fork oil thinned ?
    Thanks

    I've gone over the reasoning behind this in a few other threads but the short of it is that when stock since front fork has no preload adjustment, the rear does, in 1 helmet the rear is too soft compared to the front, (bike pitches backwards when moving straight up and down) in 2 helmets, it's the opposite but 1 helmet + luggage is almost perfect and the front and rear of the bike move together and sag both front and rear is also about just right for a 90-100 kg rider (with full gear).

  • Offline af1-windy   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    337
    • ***
      #9

    Offline af1-windy

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 337
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    • Country: gb
    Re: Just - YES
    Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 12:08:16 pm
    May 02, 2022, 12:08:16 pm
    Mine's a 2017 with less than 6000 miles. Set as it is now after talking with Antares on a ride out. It's not perfect but getting there.. 👍
    "When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.