Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: S1000XR Repair Manual 2016  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Flashman

• XR Member
  • Bike: Fast White One
  • Town: Dyserth, N Wales
S1000XR Repair Manual 2016
« on: July 08, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »
I was a bit surprised to find that I did not receive a free Repair Manual DVD with my new S1000XR as I did with my HP2 Sport. I contacted the dealer I bought the bike from and was told that they could supply the DVD but it would cost £76.20 inc VAT!  :230:
I then looked on eBay and found someone in Italy selling the same, though I doubt its authenticity, for $32.99 + $7.99 p+p. A UK seller has an older (out of date) version for £10.99.
Surely in this day & age BMW Motorrad could cover the cost of a DVD which probably cost all of £2 to produce?

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
Re: S1000XR Repair Manual 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 02:12:25 PM »
 HP2 Sport was built in another context it cost BM to build them was the German version of a pissing contest they built them because they could apart from the motors all the othe parts were made by the same company that made Ducati's Desmo except Ducati charged the going rate and BM didn't which caused some friction I can tell you,I digress!!!

The XR is a different animal it's about BM and the dealers making a living not from retailing the profit margin is a pittance but there's money to be made in the servicing so it's a combination of that and your average punter doesn't know how to blow his tyres up let alone leave him/ her to spanner an XR so supplying a CD would be on par with a monkey and typewriter  :002:

dysfunctional