Author America will not allow the registration of anything with an ICE after 2035  (Read 1128 times)

• Offline Gazk   gb

• XR Master  ‐    594

Offline Gazk

• XR Master
    • Bike: S1000xr M-Sport
    • Town: Leicester
    Re: America will not allow the registration of anything with an ICE after 2035
    Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 12:28:55 pm
    March 18, 2022, 12:28:55 pm
    *Originally Posted by LicandReg [+]
    How many on here have even switched from lead acid to a lithium battery yet  :001:

First thing done to the bike! That's a no brainer for the MY2023 nip and tuck BMW.

I had a lithium on the 2016 plate loved it, but as the new XR's a 2021 plate and came with a lead battery I'll change it when the lead one goes so I guess sometime 2023  :013:  :008:
    After over thirty + years behind the bars, there's still lots to do and see.

• Online PaulS1000XR   gb

• XR God  ‐    1202

Online PaulS1000XR

• XR God
    • My 4th XR - guess I like them.
    • Bike: S1000XR 2021 TE
    • Town: Worcester, UK
    Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 12:37:48 pm
    March 18, 2022, 12:37:48 pm
    *Originally Posted by Gazk [+]
    I had a lithium on the 2016 plate loved it, but as the new XR's a 2021 plate and came with a lead battery I'll change it when the lead one goes so I guess sometime 2023  :013:  :008:

Lithium batteries should be standard on XR's rather than an extortionately priced option  :046:
    PSH

• Offline herveyw   us

• XR Pro  ‐    100

Offline herveyw

• XR Pro
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: Seattle
    Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 06:02:05 am
    March 28, 2022, 06:02:05 am
    *Originally Posted by the bartender [+]
    I cant think of any two countries that are more different when it comes to range needs. The average American never leaves their state. They use their car to go to the store at the end of the block, the mall at the edge of their HOA, or their downtown. There are lots of Americans who travel more, but its definitely not the primary use of their vehicles. Hell, in the Appalachians i've talked to more than one person who have never left the county where they live. Its already pretty easy to travel all across the US with the current infrastructure, and its only getting easier every year. Australia is an exaggerated version of the problem we have here in Canada where they and we have clustered cities, with large distances between them. It will be a bigger problem for us and them.

I think the reality of 'everyone' having a car to run random errands that will seem ridiculous 50 years from now.

Agree with the general sentiment, but I have plenty of friends with Teslas. States are large: the whole of England will fit in Washington state. BC is, of course, enormous and some parts have crazy distances between fuel stops. Not entirely surprising that not everyone has been "out of state", even if it's disappointing, they might learn something ;-)

Around Seattle, lots of people commute at least an hour because housing is so unaffordable now, and none of the current eBikes could likely do it without a charger at the office. I regularly go over the mountains to eastern Washington (SR20, North Cascades Highway) and there is no way current eBikes could make the leg to Winthrop without a charge, forget the full 440mile Loop; some legs are over 100miles. You would not make it to the Canadian border, nor the Oregon border at Portland which is 2.5hrs on an ICE. Bend, OR is ~6hrs on an ICE, easy in a day.

Everyone on the bike forum at work is watching for eBike progress, but there is just nothing viable at the moment.

dysfunctional