Author Led lightbulds don’t work at all  (Read 6090 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline sigmarxt   gr

    • XR Junior  ‐    11
    • *
    • Topic Author

    Offline sigmarxt

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 11
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: athens
    • Country: gr
    Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    on: July 27, 2022, 09:33:36 pm
    July 27, 2022, 09:33:36 pm


    Hi guys,

    i need your opinion for led lighting. i installed the below lightbulbs and the don’t light up at all. Do you hav a clue of what is might happening. Pls don’t suggest led-edperf since being outside UK its not worth buying due to VAT and customs applied unfortunately. Thank you



  • Offline SimonUK   us

    • XR Master  ‐    962
    • ****
      #1

    Offline SimonUK

    • XR Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 962
    • Bike: S1000XR,S1000R
    • Town: Upstate, SC
    • Country: us
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 11:29:20 pm
    July 27, 2022, 11:29:20 pm
    did you try plugging in the other way round, flipping the polarity?? also try with the engine running, so lights only turn on once the engine runs.

  • Offline smithy   au

    • XR God  ‐    2326
    • *****
      #2

    Offline smithy

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2326
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    • Country: au
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 03:43:10 am
    July 28, 2022, 03:43:10 am
    *Originally Posted by sigmarxt [+]

    Hi guys,

    i need your opinion for led lighting. i installed the below lightbulbs and the don’t light up at all. Do you hav a clue of what is might happening. Pls don’t suggest led-edperf since being outside UK its not worth buying due to VAT and customs applied unfortunately. Thank you




    What SimonUK said...flip the polarity. They also need to be "Can-bus" compliant or they will throw a fault light and code.

    Auxito Z1's work fine, have had them in my bike for over 2 years.

    Smithy.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

  • Offline sigmarxt   gr

    • XR Junior  ‐    11
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline sigmarxt

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 11
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: athens
    • Country: gr
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 04:09:18 am
    July 28, 2022, 04:09:18 am
    Thank you both,

        Yes, these are can-bus lightbulbs.. and are a second option given to me by the store since the first ones (non-can bus) were working but every now and then an error code was thrown that’s why they suggested those. No light at all, no error code -problem solved… ahahaha

  • Offline sigmarxt   gr

    • XR Junior  ‐    11
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline sigmarxt

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 11
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: athens
    • Country: gr
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 04:10:37 am
    July 28, 2022, 04:10:37 am
    *Originally Posted by SimonUK [+]
    did you try plugging in the other way round, flipping the polarity?? also try with the engine running, so lights only turn on once the engine runs.

    Polarity i did change in the one, i started the engine after installing them but no light at all…

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1299
    • *****
      #5

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1299
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 10:27:13 am
    July 28, 2022, 10:27:13 am
    *Originally Posted by smithy [+]
    What SimonUK said...flip the polarity. They also need to be "Can-bus" compliant or they will throw a fault light and code.

    Auxito Z1's work fine, have had them in my bike for over 2 years.

    Smithy.

    +1 on the Z1s, I use them myself and recommended them to a couple mates even in other bikes and everyone is happy.

  • Offline pcv57   us

    • XR Pro  ‐    138
    • ***
      #6

    Offline pcv57

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 138
    • Bike: 2019 XR
    • Town: Avon, CT
    • Country: us
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 03:19:49 pm
    August 25, 2022, 03:19:49 pm
    +2 on the Z1's! Easy install, they work and no error codes.

  • Offline adamkhan   us

    • XR Member  ‐    69
    • **
      #7

    Offline adamkhan

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 69
    • Bike: 2016 BMW S1000XR
    • Town: Sanger
    • Country: us
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 05:28:44 pm
    August 31, 2022, 05:28:44 pm
    These Can-bus bikes & cars are critical to the voltage, amperage & wattage. Make sure the bulbs are the same wattage as stock. I'm going to try the proper watt LED Bulbs in both headlights so both are on in Low & High beam. Will post results soon.

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1299
    • *****
      #8

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1299
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 05:37:45 pm
    August 31, 2022, 05:37:45 pm
    *Originally Posted by adamkhan [+]
    These Can-bus bikes & cars are critical to the voltage, amperage & wattage. Make sure the bulbs are the same wattage as stock. I'm going to try the proper watt LED Bulbs in both headlights so both are on in Low & High beam. Will post results soon.

    Pretty sure the XR only cares about resistance and voltage. Z1s work and are plenty bright, i see no reason to pay more.

  • Offline sigmarxt   gr

    • XR Junior  ‐    11
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #9

    Offline sigmarxt

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 11
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: athens
    • Country: gr
    Re: Led lightbulds don’t work at all
    Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 06:59:06 am
    September 05, 2022, 06:59:06 am
    Hi all,

      Just wanted to update the thread. Apologies for late response.
    I unplugged the bulbs and re-installed them, I also re did the polarity again (that was the problem as mentioned above) and everything works! thank you all for the replies.
    Nikos