Author New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer  (Read 3023 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline JTL   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    341
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline JTL

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 341
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: England
    • Country: gb
    New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    on: July 28, 2022, 05:10:03 pm
    July 28, 2022, 05:10:03 pm
    I've been changing my own tyres (and for friends) for a few years with my Sealey kit.  It can involve a fair bit of sweat, swearing and the occasional trapped fingers.  I decided to splash out on a Rabaconda changer.  Very easy to set-up and use, minimal effort compared to the Sealey kit.  I'm well pleased with it - definitely recommended!



    Out with old:








    On with the new!



  • Online Mareng1   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1557
    • *****
      #1

    Online Mareng1

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1557
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:44:51 pm
    July 28, 2022, 05:44:51 pm
    Very interesting!

    But, at €490+  I'll have to stick with the Sealey.   My only issue with the Sealey - is getting the tyres OFF.   The tool for getting the hot, new rubber on - works far easier than getting the second bead off the wheel.

    But - as you say, a fair bit of puffing and panting involved with the Sealey.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1197
    • *****
      #2

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1197
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 08:36:47 pm
    July 28, 2022, 08:36:47 pm
    *Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
    Very interesting!

    But, at €490+  I'll have to stick with the Sealey.   My only issue with the Sealey - is getting the tyres OFF.   The tool for getting the hot, new rubber on - works far easier than getting the second bead off the wheel.

    But - as you say, a fair bit of puffing and panting involved with the Sealey.

    The Rabaconda looks good... for about 200 quid... For that sort of money you're getting into simpler powered tyre changing machine territory, why not just get one of those and make a small side business of it?

  • Online capt cf   us

    • XR Member  ‐    89
    • **
      #3

    Online capt cf

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 89
    • Bike: 18 & 21 S1000XR
    • Country: us
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 08:45:51 pm
    July 28, 2022, 08:45:51 pm
    Funny you posted this today.  I just ordered one last night.  I have been doing them on a mat in my garage with levers and colourful language for years so we'll see how this goes.  I won't get it until Sept or so according to Rabaconda so hopefully I can avoid getting a flat between now and then.
    You can't teach pigs to sing - it only frustrates you and annoys the pig.

  • Offline JTL   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    341
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline JTL

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 341
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: England
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 09:34:44 pm
    July 28, 2022, 09:34:44 pm
    *Originally Posted by Antares [+]
    The Rabaconda looks good... for about 200 quid... For that sort of money you're getting into simpler powered tyre changing machine territory, why not just get one of those and make a small side business of it?

    I've seen a couple of cheap Chinese semi auto changers on eBay - I wouldn't use them on my lawn mower.

    For UK based ones I looked at https://automotechservices.co.uk/products/as-24sa-semi-automatic-tyre-changer/
    £740 + £80 for the motorcycle adapter.   I don't have the space unfortunately.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1197
    • *****
      #5

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1197
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 09:43:45 pm
    July 28, 2022, 09:43:45 pm
    *Originally Posted by JTL [+]
    I've seen a couple of cheap Chinese semi auto changers on eBay - I wouldn't use them on my lawn mower.

    For UK based ones I looked at https://automotechservices.co.uk/products/as-24sa-semi-automatic-tyre-changer/
    £740 + £80 for the motorcycle adapter.   I don't have the space unfortunately.

    I wouldn't either, instead I'd buy a namebrand, used for 400 quid ready to go with some quick maintenance.

    I understand the space concern, i just think 490 euro for what Rabaconda do..... Let's just say they have some insane margin on that product...

  • Offline JTL   gb

    • XR Pro  ‐    341
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline JTL

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 341
    • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
    • Town: England
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 08:19:47 am
    July 29, 2022, 08:19:47 am
    *Originally Posted by Mareng1 [+]
    My only issue with the Sealey - is getting the tyres OFF.   The tool for getting the hot, new rubber on - works far easier than getting the second bead off the wheel.
    :0461:

    Yes!  I never did work out why the second bead was such hard work to get off

  • Online bazzer   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1168
    • *****
      #7

    Online bazzer

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1168
    • Town: Waterlooville
    • Country: gb
    Re: New kit - Rabaconda Street tyre changer
    Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 08:33:59 am
    July 29, 2022, 08:33:59 am
    I have a the old Rabaconda I use for putting tyres with mousses on my Enduro bike, great bit of kit. I bought mine second hand as its a pricey bit of kit.

    I use a Max2H changer for road tyres and on the whole that works really well.


     



    dysfunctional