Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Switched Live Socket  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Judge-san

• XR Junior
  • Bike: XR SE
  • Town: Beaconsfield
Switched Live Socket
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:17:22 PM »
Hi,

Just recently acquired my XR (SE) & am extremely please with my decision. Sorry if this has come up before (I've had a good trawl and not found a definitive answer).

I have swapped out the Nav V mount and wiring with my Zumo 590LM mount and presently the 590 mount is connected direct to the battery. The input and output connectors and USB charging port on the 590 loom are located neatly in the cubby compartment under the seat allowing me the option to connect my ipod, charge my phone, etc.

To avoid splicing into the BMW loom to source a live feed, I have bought a male socketed power lead from Nippy Normans http://www.nippynormans.com/f650gs-08-on/lead-for-connecting-any-garmin-or-tomtom-gps-into-the-bmw-harness

The obvious connection is to plug the nippy norman lead into the accessory socket where the Nav V loom was plugged into. However there is another accessory socket in the cubby compartment under the seat (on the left side of the bike). The user manual has different pictures/description of the rear accessory plug in relation to what is there (see my pics).

Can someone tell me if this rear left hand side socket will offer a switched live like the front one the Nav V was plugged into?

Thanks in advance.

Offline nigelbarts

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Leigh on -Sea
Re: Switched Live Socket
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 10:07:45 AM »
Did you sort this out?
I am looking for this power connector as well?