Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Member - Panniers  (Read 1571 times)

Offline clutters

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Cheltenham
New Member - Panniers
« on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:46 PM »
Afternoon All - I'm a new member in the UK (Glos) I have a Sport SE and loving it. Just really getting back into riding so not really using it to its full yet but enjoying in nontheless. I'm looking around for pannier options. I've got the white and not convinced the silver standard are that good looking and I've seen topbox failures too. There are some good looking givi panniers about, some of which seem to have white tops; though I can't find them for sale. Also, do the givi need their own rack or do they utilize the pannier mountings that come with the sport se?

Anyway, any suggestions ideally with pictures and buying advice would be welcome. Also, anyone in the Gloucestershire area who can tolerate a returning riders pace and is generous enough to share some knowledge of routes and riding would be great to hear from you.

Offline vuk

• XR Member
  • Bike: white S1000XR
  • Town: Maribor,Slovenia
Re: New Member - Panniers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
I got the standard grey panniers and got them painted in the same white colour as the bike. For the topcase I use an older Givi Maxia, but only when riding with my wife.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 12:52:01 PM »
Have a look at the Shad website - they do cheaper panniers for the XR (in black, which look good on a white bike).  Not sure about Givi. I have the OEM panniers in grey and frankly don't care about the colour - the ease of use is what I like about them.

And you can get a surprising amount of stuff in the OEM tank bag as its expandable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:55:23 PM by bagwafu »
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Jockser

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Kildare
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »
I had my grey BMW panniers & top box vinyl wrapped in white, mainly for the company logo & the tax advantages that accrue, but also because I thought the grey looked sh1t on a white bike

Top box is on all the time because it's really handy. Panniers usually on when I'm going somewhere. But I can vouch for their sturdiness with the bike having 'rested' on the left hand one. Twice. Damn side stand....

Untitled by Jochen Riehn, on Flickr

dysfunctional