Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: navigator v quick question  (Read 4821 times)

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
navigator v quick question
« on: July 15, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »
hi all well my new steed arrives next weekend and I've also treated myself to a navigator v which will arrive along with the bike , question is i have a mac computer (iMac ) and i wondered do i have to down load basecamp on to my mac or does this load onto my mac when i first plug my nav into my computer ????  or do you get a disc with the nav-v to load it on to the computer ??? as you may have already guessed I'm no computer wiz kid, also i presently have a tom-tom rider with lots of routes stored on it , how can i transfer these routes from the tom-tom to the nav-v / into basecamp???? no dow't i will end up losing these knowing me, be much appreciated if someone could offer some advice to a luddite like me,
cheers 
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: navigator v quick question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »
Download Garmin express, don't bother with Basecamp, it's utter shite.

Then plan all your routes on http://www.motogoloco.com

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »
Jammy git, i'll be after a nav in due course, friggin tomtom rider does my fruit in, plan a route with a specific roads etc, bleeder always takes me the fastest route, changed all sorts of setting but just toss.

Its for sale if anyones interested.. :164:

Johnnie, whats your due date, did you opt for the short arse seat ??
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 09:30:32 PM »
next Friday/ Saturday , there doing some drops in Scotland so just waiting to see if there dropping mine off on the way or on the return ? and yes i got the short ass one, thank for your advice and help got a really good deal, manchester phoned me up the other day and asked if i still wanted a test ride as they now have one in ( the lowered suspension) thats good when i had a test ride on one from there show room 2 weeks ago :230: you where right about them rob  :028: anyway can't wait for next weekend - got a few bits ready to put on mi new baby when she arrives  :062:
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:14 PM »
Glad your happy pal, Brighton are good, Manchester..live upto their rep unfortunately.
I'd consider Preston for service, that's where I go, quick blast up the 61, at the door in 30 mins. Waited for my first service which took about 1 hr 30, had to go back with a blown fork seal, no myther, provided me a R9T thingy and was done and dusted in 24 hrs.
Had a good ride yesterday, i'll stick a link on shortly, nice roads, good pace  :152:
Mine was supposed to land Friday night, ended up being Saturday morning due to M6 traffic, all good.  :152:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
Download Garmin express, don't bother with Basecamp, it's utter shite.

Then plan all your routes on http://www.motogoloco.com
No it isn't !
Learn how to use basecamp

I put up a handy guide somewhere on here
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 09:36:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Redrick [+]
No it isn't !
Learn how to use basecamp

I put up a handy guide somewhere on here

I've spent hours, probably days if I total it up, trying to fathom Basecamp, and can't get on with it. On motogoloco, I was planning routes in minutes last night, and have them on my nav already! Life's too short!

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
I've spent hours, probably days if I total it up, trying to fathom Basecamp, and can't get on with it. On motogoloco, I was planning routes in minutes last night, and have them on my nav already! Life's too short!

Hi Rich it sends me round the bend to "pun intended" I still use AutoRoute but I'm going to have to use basecamp soon as AutoRoute is no longer supported  :003:

I did start looking at the Garmin basecamp tutorial  "http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/training/basecamp/" but like you went life's to short.
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 07:40:32 PM »
Try motogoloco, it's a revelation. I can even plan routes after a few glasses of vino!

Offline bazzer

• XR Master
  • Town: Waterlooville
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 07:57:03 AM »
Or try MyRouteApp the premium edition can be used with the same maps as the Nav V so you know it will route the same way.