Author Venting tube clip in front  (Read 8766 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Offline barry.moore   us

    • XR Junior  ‐    12
    • *
    • Topic Author

    Offline barry.moore

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 12
    • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
    • Town: Glendale, AZ
    • Country: us
    Venting tube clip in front
    on: November 01, 2022, 03:10:44 pm
    November 01, 2022, 03:10:44 pm
    Ladies and men,

    After my last service I noticed that the little clip in the front that is supposed to hold two venting tubes was hanging loose by only the venting tube on the clutch side. I tried to clip it back on but  there must be a piece missing as that didn't work. I see the part number from BMW OEM parts (for the clip) I guess I'll order that and see what happens.   :084:

    Or i could go back to the dealer - bleh !!

    BTW First time BMW owner here in Phoenix, AZ area if anyone else is around let me know.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1293
    • *****
      #1

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1293
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 03:17:05 pm
    November 01, 2022, 03:17:05 pm
    *Originally Posted by barry.moore [+]
    Ladies and men,

    After my last service I noticed that the little clip in the front that is supposed to hold two venting tubes was hanging loose by only the venting tube on the clutch side. I tried to clip it back on but  there must be a piece missing as that didn't work. I see the part number from BMW OEM parts (for the clip) I guess I'll order that and see what happens.   :084:

    Or i could go back to the dealer - bleh !!

    BTW First time BMW owner here in Phoenix, AZ area if anyone else is around let me know.

    Are you talking about the ones that clip into the belly pan? There should be a little plastic protrusion in the belly pan and you just push the clip onto it.

  • Offline barry.moore   us

    • XR Junior  ‐    12
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline barry.moore

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 12
    • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
    • Town: Glendale, AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 03:53:55 pm
    November 01, 2022, 03:53:55 pm
    Yes, I believe that is the one. The plastic piece may be missing. There is a piece that holds the two belly pan pieces together. Maybe I need to retry ?

    Thanks for the response.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1293
    • *****
      #3

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1293
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 03:58:38 pm
    November 01, 2022, 03:58:38 pm
    *Originally Posted by barry.moore [+]
    Yes, I believe that is the one. The plastic piece may be missing. There is a piece that holds the two belly pan pieces together. Maybe I need to retry ?

    Thanks for the response.

    Looking to the front of the bike this piece just protrudes off the inside of the left part of the belly pan, it's literally just a small protrusion.


  • Offline barry.moore   us

    • XR Junior  ‐    12
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline barry.moore

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 12
    • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
    • Town: Glendale, AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 04:00:57 pm
    November 01, 2022, 04:00:57 pm
    That's perfect. I'm a dumbass trying to connect it to the wrong thing !! Much appreciated Antares.

  • Online Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    1293
    • *****
      #5

    Online Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1293
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 04:05:35 pm
    November 01, 2022, 04:05:35 pm
    *Originally Posted by barry.moore [+]
    That's perfect. I'm a dumbass trying to connect it to the wrong thing !! Much appreciated Antares.

    Haha no worries, the clip is like a W shape, the middle of the W just pushes onto this protrusion  :152:

  • Offline barry.moore   us

    • XR Junior  ‐    12
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline barry.moore

    • XR Junior
    • *
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 12
    • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
    • Town: Glendale, AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Venting tube clip in front
    Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 06:27:21 pm
    November 03, 2022, 06:27:21 pm
    Antares you big shining star i just wanted to follow up and let you know i found the little plastic thing and am good to go. Thanks !!!!!!
    Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 06:29:40 pm by barry.moore

     



    dysfunctional