Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: WANTED - Navigator V  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Mute

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Motherwell
WANTED - Navigator V
« on: July 22, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
There's a dealer event next weekend which I'm hoping will mean 10% off but in the meantime, if anyone has a second hand one they want rid of, the moneys waiting...!

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
Re: WANTED - Navigator V
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
Hi. Don't know if you got sorted out,but, at the risk of incurring the wrath of Garmin fans, I recently had all the updated installed onto my V and now find it often produces ridiculous routes. Bizarre side roads, and longer routes than logical. If it wasn't supported by the bike software I'd get a Tom Tom or anything else.     

Offline Mute

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »
Yeah it's not the best, i'm still getting used to it. The bluetooth is a bear to setup. I still don't have it 100% right. The idrive wheel thing isn't that great - i keep nudging it by accident because my hand fills the entire grip so i can't help it. I don't even have that big hands!

On the plus side, it did save my bacon on the first outing by announcing a speed camera i had missed.

The routing seems ridiculously poor. E.g. i planned a route on my computer, sent it to the satnav and thought no more about it. I went to ride the route later on and had a quick look at the saved trip - it was a completely different path. I went back into the house, checked the route on the computer, re-uploaded to the satnav, checked on the satnav and it was borked again.

Turns out when you transfer a route from the computer, it doesn't actually transfer the route. It transfers some waypoints. My route had 2 waypoints, start and finish. The routing settings on the computer meant it would choose  a nice route. The routing settings on the satnav meant it would choose a crap one.

Definitely a learning curve with this thing! I only got it for the idrive integration, but that is utter guff and not worth the £500.

Offline Mute

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
Ok i've got to grips with Basecamp thanks to this guide http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp_PC.pdf it took just over an hour to get comfy but i quite like the flexibility over motogoloco (which is wayyyyy easier to use than basecamp!)

E.g. i added extra shaping points in a route which get announced ahead of twisty sections as a heads up while all the other points don't get a voice prompt over my music or whatever. Quite nice, i like that.

Still haven't nailed bluetooth perfectly. Probably make a post for help if i don't figure it out soon!