Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: posting photographs  (Read 1664 times)

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
posting photographs
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
Hi. Simple question.  Afraid
Ii have little to no experience with forums or websites generally, but would like to put a photo or two into my post. How is this done. Can't seem to find any reference to it.

Offline Forum Admin

• XR Administrator
  • XR Member
Re: posting photographs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:31:47 AM »
Lots of ways of doing this. Firstly are you referring to images that you have on your computer (or device) ?

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:10:37 AM »
Yep, on my desktop.

Offline Forum Admin

• XR Administrator
  • XR Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:36:49 AM »
Edit:

The info that follows in this post is now out of date.

Please use the Photos Gallery to host your pics as it now doubles as a hosting solutions as well:

https://photos.s1000xr.uk/

=======================================================

Ok, I need to write an FAQ on this but for now here we go...........

First of all you need to know that there are basically three ways in which to add images to posts:

1. Upload images as attachments (if the images are on your device or computer)
2. Embed the image in your post if it is hosted somewhere else on another website or a image hosting site
3. Embed the image but do so from images that you've uploaded to a forum Gallery Album.

As you've got the images on your desktop then the following is in relation to (1) above

1. Firstly compose your post as normal.

2. Once your post has been composed click on "+ Attachments and other options" (see image below)

3. Then click on the "Browse" button and find the image on your computer or device

Note any size restrictions ! If your image is too large then you'll need to reduce it's size first.

4. Once selected the image name will appear to the right of the Browse button. If you have more to upload the click on "more attachments" (again ensuring you are within total size restrictions).

When you are finished click on the "Post" button and your image will get uploaded to your post.

Once you posted the image and check your post you'll see that the image (as an "attachment") appears as a thumbnail. To view it bigger just click on the attachment.

Hope that helps.   :028:

As mentioned above I'll do a proper FAQ on this that has all the 3 ways of uploading pics.

Cheers  :821:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 02:02:21 PM »
'Nother question on photos:

While flipping through the photos page... is there a means to tell which threads the photos have been posted to?  :027:

I see various widgets, do-dads and dongles on the photo board and have no idea what they are.  Finding the thread they went to would be a benefit.
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 06:08:59 PM »
While flipping through the photos page... is there a means to tell which threads the photos have been posted to?

Not easily because many photos are not in posts. Members also use the Gallery as somewhere to put their pics, they are not neccessarily in posts.

All I can suggest is check the members username against the photo in the Gallery, then do a search for that member from the Members list. Once you find the member click on the "Show Posts" link against their profile. You'll then have to go through their postsings.

:821:

Offline Low-Brau

• XR Pro
  • Teutonic RocketNaut
  • Bike: 2016 S1000XR
  • Town: Saint Paul
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »
Ahhh.  Forum detective work!  :138:
-Erik

"...but the XR is a sports bike on stilts!"
  -- zbdmark