Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First Ride  (Read 9632 times)

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
First Ride
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »
Picked up the new red bike on Saturday morning....beautiful day with temps in the 70's.  Had initially thought to go for a short ride and get back home to do some weekend chores.  Well in short it didn't quite go that way.
Managed to get home and get one chore done and couldn't help but want to get back out on the bike.
What a sweet ride!!  Dynamic is like riding a hot rod around and dynamic pro is akin to a being on a corner carving Funny Car.  Unbelievable!!  Took the bike south of here and up and over the spine of the Green Mountains.....lots of hairpins and twisties and it was spot on the entire ride.  It never missed a beat.  Didn't want to get off and park it.  Highway speeds it just kept coming on with the power no matter how hard I pushed it. 
The only issue that I could come up with is the vibration which waxes and wanes depending on the speed.  Think I'll try investing in a set of Grip Buddies which should improve things a bit in that area.
Can't remember the last time that a bike ride left me grinning from ear to ear for two days afterward!!
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Quijote_NO

• XR Junior
  • Espen
  • Town: Oslo
Re: First Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:16:53 PM »
I got my red, all-equipped XR on Friday 12th of june. What a sight! So big and beautiful!
When I fired up the engine, I was a bit amazed how loud, wild and powerful it sounds. Nice!
My next impression, during my first kilometres, was the revs and the sound they made. I'm used to a 85BHP boxer, and I thought for a while that the tachometer was wrong... ;-) It wasn't.
However, when I summed up my first ride to myself, my most significant impression was how incredibly easy controllable this bike is! It feels so light and maneuvreable, and obeys my signals with an impressive precision! This made me unified with the XR in record time!
It seems it is factory preset with a computer controlled running-in program. I wasn't allowed to take it past 7000RPM the first 300KM. The next 700KM I think it's limited to 9000RPM. But I tell you, running through six gears to 7000RPM with the quick shifter will make you smile. I'm a bit scared thinking about the last revs up to 12000RPM, - think I will try that next week...
Love the XR!

Conclusion: I couldn't have bought a better bike!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:19:25 PM by Quijote_NO »

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »
 :046: :152: :027: :305: brilliant, cant wait to get mine in the morning :)
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:49:39 AM »
It's funny how we are all looking for something special in a new bike.  Seldom do we get everything that we want but I echo your words......it's the best bike for me at this time of my life.  Couldn't have asked for a much better ride than this!!   :046:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Shado

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:25:15 AM »
This is the first bike I have ever bought without riding it first, daft I know but I am just confident that I will love it, especially reading reviews and comments +like this  :028: I had a GSA but chopped it in for something a bit lighter six months ago because at 52 I was starting to feel it was getting to heavy for me, well that and the low speed drops  :005: .
I got an RnineT didn't tick all the boxers (ehem) but a fun bike to ride, I loved it, it just didn't love my back, not the best value bike for the money either but up until then I hadn't even seen or heard of the S1000XR only by chance did I get lucky.
I enquired at the dealer they had already been sold well in advance, I resigned to the fact that I would have to wait, but luck smiled and the dealer called to say he had got a red one available as the customer had cancelled his order, at that point I chopped in the NineT and have been bikeless for the last two months :019:, so pick it up this morning, weather is supposed to be good, chomping at the bit is an understatement. :046: :152: :305: and so I echo your statement also grnmtvt  :821:

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
........so pick it up this morning, weather is supposed to be good, chomping at the bit is an understatement. :046:

It's now 11.00 am - recken we know where you are right now !   :123:

:305: :305: :305:

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 11:08:24 AM »
Hey there Shado.....I'm excited for you too buddy!!!! let us all know your thoughts once you pick her up!!! :305:

BET YA DON'T SLEEP TONIGHT!!! :028:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 11:09:17 AM »
 :430: YOUR THERE ALREADY!!! ENJOY SHADO....... :305: :821:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline Shado

• XR Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »
Sadly not, bike is still at the dealers so i'm still here lol, waiting on VRD docs to come in the post so it can be registered fog set in early this morning and post is delayed as nothing is flying in and out of Jersey at the moment, oh well....today hopefully doing a bit of praying to the sun gods  :020:  :029: :305:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shado [+]
Sadly not, bike is still at the dealers so i'm still here lol, waiting on VRD docs to come in the post so it can be registered fog set in early this morning and post is delayed as nothing is flying in and out of Jersey at the moment, oh well....today hopefully doing a bit of praying to the sun gods  :020:  :029: :305:

So long as they get you setup and riding by Saturday, life will be good.