Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Fuel leak  (Read 23534 times)

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
  • Bike: Bmw 1000 xr
  • Town: Wigan-LANCASHIRE
Re: Fuel leak
Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 02:43:28 AM
Hi BMW 1000 xr  (2016)
The same happened to me tonight pouring petrol all over my engine and soaking my shed floor luckily my engine was cold
Did you have it done on warranty? As iv started to stripping it down plastics I mean  if it's under warranty I'll put it all back and let them sort it  :138:
Hi all I'm from NR - HAYDOCK ( Lancashire ) I'm a hgv driver I have a 2016 BMW 1000 XR -SE and I think it's
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline PODxR

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S000XR
  • Town: MANCHESTER
Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 07:51:08 AM
Hi pete,
Sorry to hear that. ☹️
It was done under warranty at Williams manchester.
Ring BMW assistance and they will come and pick it up for you.

Chris

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 06:37:33 PM
Thanks Chris will have to put plastics back on  :087:
Pete  :174:
Hi all I'm from NR - HAYDOCK ( Lancashire ) I'm a hgv driver I have a 2016 BMW 1000 XR -SE and I think it's
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline Boneman1

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Southampton
Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:28 PM
Hi Pete
Very concerned about the fuel leak. Has Williams sorted the problem out for you. What caused the leak. Clearly this has happened before to many others.
Good luck

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 12:12:15 AM
Hi boneman1

Hi yes they have put a new pipe on and clips on
I have written to BMW complaints department asking them what they intend doing to rectify this very dangerous fault they have 21days to reply as my concerns are for other people who might not be so lucky.
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline Boneman1

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr
  • Town: Southampton
Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 10:08:05 AM
Well done Pete. Well written letter. Can't wait for  BMW to responsd. sub]

Offline fireblade95402

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 10:18:58 AM
Hi All -

I used the bike yesterday and worked fine. This morning I took the bike out of the garage and tried to start it with no joy, but strong fuel smell. Yip as above fuel everywhere. Phoned the dealer and they say it's a factory fault and I need to get the bike to them. What makes me angry is that it had a service 2 weeks ago and it sounds like a known issue. Shouldn't BMW get the dealers to check. If this happened while riding I might not be here to write this.

Not a happy camper.

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:59 AM
If your still in warranty phone BMW Emergency recovery 0800 777111 the will arrange to pic it up within 90 Min's and take it to your dealer should be repaired free like mine was
Please send a email in to  ( customer.service@bmw.co.uk ) tell them how it happened the more people that write in the better chance we have of getting a recall done  that could save someone's life

Good luck Pete
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Grimsby
Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 11:17:51 AM
*Originally Posted by fireblade95402 [+]
Hi All -

I used the bike yesterday and worked fine. This morning I took the bike out of the garage and tried to start it with no joy, but strong fuel smell. Yip as above fuel everywhere. Phoned the dealer and they say it's a factory fault and I need to get the bike to them. What makes me angry is that it had a service 2 weeks ago and it sounds like a known issue. Shouldn't BMW get the dealers to check. If this happened while riding I might not be here to write this.

Not a happy camper.
Hello mate

When you say it is a factory fault, I suppose all BMW dealers should know about it.  Just rang mine and they have not heard about the fuel pipe problem and know nothing about it being checked by them.

Mark

Offline Pete 3161

• XR Member
Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 11:36:28 AM
That me saying that it's a factory fault because they put it on ? BMW are aware of the problem but they don't want to do a recall in my personal opinion because it will cost them to contact everyone and give them bad publicity like on some other BMW models on YouTube? Regarding fuel leaks
They fixed mine I got it back 06/03/17  all done free can't fault BMW Manchester for their work and friendly service to me personally but more people need to send emails in so they are all logged and they can't get out of it if someone does get badly burned or worse by saying we've had no complaints only x amount
                   AWESOME  🇬🇧🤗