Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Fuel leak  (Read 23535 times)

Offline Jworthi

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Powell
Re: Fuel leak
Reply #70 on: June 04, 2018, 05:29:01 AM
*Originally Posted by Jworthi [+]
Ugh - Just happened to me today. Ran fine last night and went to hop on today. Hit start and it cranked and cranked. After letting off the button, the gas flowed out a little hole on the left side of the engine. It's headed to the dealer now. BMW has been good so far in booking the tow truck to the dealer. We shall hurry up and wait! Ugh!

Update: Was certainly a fuel rail issue and missing connection clip. Bike was ready the next day and the service department mentioned the clip didn't even exist. Not a good look for BMW. I've ridden it since with 0 issues. As mentioned in the previous post, BMW did step up and had it brought to the dealer of my choice - Went with this particular dealer as they were able to get it in long before the dealer across town (where I bought my K1200S and brother bought his Ducati Multistrada

Offline colvic

• XR Junior
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: MALTON
Reply #71 on: July 02, 2019, 12:13:27 PM
My fuel connector just failed on my 16 plate xr part on back order, so without a bike for over a week, also had new front wheel bearings and 2 fork legs replaced not good on a bike that is only 3 years old.

Offline TartanX

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000 XR
  • Town: Aberdeen
Reply #72 on: April 02, 2021, 05:33:56 PM
Fuel leak just happened to me . Turned on ignition prior to throwing leg over the bike and a Tsunami of fuel gushed out. Again , thankful it wasn’t over a hot engine / exhaust. Mine is a 2016. I bought it as approved BMW so it’s still under extended warranty. They will be getting a nasty call in the morning  :010:

dysfunctional