Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navigator V Bluetooth  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Mute

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Motherwell
Navigator V Bluetooth
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:10:45 PM »
Another Nav V topic :047: :151: sorry... but now i've figured out how to plot routes, i'm still struggling with the bluetooth setup.

I have a Sena 20s on my helmet, i have the nav v, and i have an android phone.

I've paired the android with the nav v and the garmin app works fine so i get live traffic updates etc. I've paired the sena 20s and the nav v and that works fine - i get navigation and phone calls through the bike.

Now the missing link in the chain is music (actually podcasts!). The Nav V will play music or podcasts which are on the nav v in the media app, but mine are not and i don't want to put them there. Mine are on my phone. The nav v won't relay music from the phone to the sena, it'll only relay calls.

So i paired the sena 20s and the android. I changed the settings on the bluetooth connection so that this connection is used for media, but not for phone - i still want that to go via the nav v.

It works - perfectly. Until you step off the bike and come back, it prefers the sena / android pairing and ignores the nav v altogether. Any ideas how to change the priorities? I suspect it's actually the 20s at fault here.

Now, this is all completely futile - i never actually listen to podcasts on the bike, i prefer riding. I never answer the phone either because i prefer riding. To top it all off i frequently ignore the satnav because i like exploring. So actually i'd be better tossing the whole lot in the bin but i like gadgets and i'd like to know they're working ok  :008:

Offline Mute

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE Sport
  • Town: Motherwell
Re: Navigator V Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:40:45 PM »
The solution seems to be the order you turn everything on.

Assuming the phone's already on with bluetooth enabled, helmet on next, wait for it to connect then wait for it to announce "media connected", then turn on the bike / satnav, finally launch the garmin app on the phone.

What a faff. Not sure i can be bothered with all that. Maybe save it for longer trips!