Author Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'  (Read 1290 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Zar_S1000XR   us

    • XR Pro  ‐    160
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Zar_S1000XR

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 160
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: Louisville KY
    • Country: us
    Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    on: June 24, 2023, 07:18:49 pm
    June 24, 2023, 07:18:49 pm
    Ok, question.

    How do I turn off ABS for the front completely?

    We went to a stunt show and free dyno pulls event. I wasn't able to do dyno on my 2020 S1000XR because of front ABS. Putting in Dynamic Pro doesn't turn off front ABS completely and button on the left with triangle DTC is OFF as well.

    This is what the guy got when he did small ride on dyno. Since front is not spinning, ABS is throwing a fit. I need the front to be completely OFF to do dyno pull.


    Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 07:29:37 pm by Zar_S1000XR
    2020 S1000XR

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    2020
    • *****
      #1

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2020
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 02:42:59 am
    June 25, 2023, 02:42:59 am
    I don't think you can on the Gen 2

    You could on the Gen 1 by holding down the TC button for 3 secs. But all that error does is disables the ABS, shouldn't cause any issues with Dynoing, just ignore it.

    Next time you turn ignition off and back on should reset to where it was.

  • Offline Zar_S1000XR   us

    • XR Pro  ‐    160
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline Zar_S1000XR

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 160
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: Louisville KY
    • Country: us
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 07:51:41 am
    June 25, 2023, 07:51:41 am
    *Originally Posted by Antares [+]
    I don't think you can on the Gen 2

    You could on the Gen 1 by holding down the TC button for 3 secs. But all that error does is disables the ABS, shouldn't cause any issues with Dynoing, just ignore it.

    Next time you turn ignition off and back on should reset to where it was.

    I just didn't want anything to go wrong or bike fall into 'limp' mode, than dyno would be useless. I guess we will try it that way. Thx
    2020 S1000XR

  • Offline smithy   au

    • XR God  ‐    2654
    • *****
      #3

    Offline smithy

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2654
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    • Country: au
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 08:44:38 pm
    June 25, 2023, 08:44:38 pm
    *Originally Posted by Zar_S1000XR [+]
    I just didn't want anything to go wrong or bike fall into 'limp' mode, than dyno would be useless. I guess we will try it that way. Thx

    ABS and TC can be basically disabled on both Gen-1 and Gen-2.....this is the only way they can be dyno'd. Many Gen-2 machines have been on the dyno without issue, they're run in Dynamic Pro mode. The dyno operator should have known this. It's not just the XR's which have ABS or TC, nearly every manufacturers bikes these days has them.

    This straight out of the Gen-2 owners manual..:

    Smithy.
    Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 12:25:46 am by smithy
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    2020
    • *****
      #4

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2020
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 11:00:48 pm
    June 25, 2023, 11:00:48 pm
    *Originally Posted by smithy [+]
    ABS and TC can be basically disabled on both Gen-1 and Gen-2.....this is the only way they can be dyno'd. Many Gen-2 machines have been on the dyno without issue, there' run in Dynamic Pro mode. The dyno operator should have known this. It's not just the XR's which have ABS or TC, nearly every manufacturers bikes these days has them.

    This straight out of the Gen-2 owners manual..:

    Smithy.

    I think he got to that point based on his pic, but afaik you can't actually turn the ABS to the OFF setting even in Dynamic Pro like how you can disable it on the Gen 1.

    I might be wrong though, but the Gen 1 explicitly mentions turning ABS off whereas the Gen 2 only mentions "adjusting" it.

  • Offline Zar_S1000XR   us

    • XR Pro  ‐    160
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #5

    Offline Zar_S1000XR

    • XR Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 160
    • Bike: 2020 S1000XR
    • Town: Louisville KY
    • Country: us
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 11:20:33 pm
    June 25, 2023, 11:20:33 pm
    *Originally Posted by smithy [+]
    ABS and TC can be basically disabled on both Gen-1 and Gen-2.....this is the only way they can be dyno'd. Many Gen-2 machines have been on the dyno without issue, there' run in Dynamic Pro mode. The dyno operator should have known this. It's not just the XR's which have ABS or TC, nearly every manufacturers bikes these days has them.

    This straight out of the Gen-2 owners manual..:

    Smithy.

    Gen 1 you can turn it OFF completely, in Gen 2 you can't, as picture shows ABS is still on in Dynamic PRO mode and there isn't specific instructions on to completely turn it off, even in manual.

    So, I went to the event where they where doing FREE dyno (3 full pulls) and that's it, no adjustment or anything of that kind. For free, he wasn't going to take a chance and run with ABS warning on the dash, as I said, him and me wasn't sure if it was going to break the bike and\or put it on limp mode. All he did was lightly drove on the dyno and the warning showed up.

    Also, do not compare it to RR, you can completely turn it off in RR. I don't know regarding GS tho, possible the same issue as I have.


    This is why I'm asking ANYONE here if they did dyno on Gen 2 and how they over came this issue? 3 years into Gen 2 and no one has mentioned regarding this at all. I see pulls of Gen 2 on youtube, but no one mentions and I can't see anyone of them dashboards if they run with the error.
    2020 S1000XR

  • Offline smithy   au

    • XR God  ‐    2654
    • *****
      #6

    Offline smithy

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2654
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    • Country: au
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 12:28:03 am
    June 26, 2023, 12:28:03 am
    *Originally Posted by Zar_S1000XR [+]
    Gen 1 you can turn it OFF completely, in Gen 2 you can't, as picture shows ABS is still on in Dynamic PRO mode and there isn't specific instructions on to completely turn it off, even in manual.

    So, I went to the event where they where doing FREE dyno (3 full pulls) and that's it, no adjustment or anything of that kind. For free, he wasn't going to take a chance and run with ABS warning on the dash, as I said, him and me wasn't sure if it was going to break the bike and\or put it on limp mode. All he did was lightly drove on the dyno and the warning showed up.

    Also, do not compare it to RR, you can completely turn it off in RR. I don't know regarding GS tho, possible the same issue as I have.


    This is why I'm asking ANYONE here if they did dyno on Gen 2 and how they over came this issue? 3 years into Gen 2 and no one has mentioned regarding this at all. I see pulls of Gen 2 on youtube, but no one mentions and I can't see anyone of them dashboards if they run with the error.

    If this is the case...how do they dyno-tune all the Gen-2 machines that have been on the various dyno's around the world..??

    Smithy.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

  • Offline Antares   gb

    • XR God  ‐    2020
    • *****
      #7

    Offline Antares

    • XR God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2020
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    • Country: gb
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 09:30:39 am
    June 26, 2023, 09:30:39 am
    *Originally Posted by smithy [+]
    If this is the case...how do they dyno-tune all the Gen-2 machines that have been on the various dyno's around the world..??

    Smithy.

    Probably just ignore the ABS warning? According to the manual all the warning does is it disables ABS functionality until the next ignition cycle, shouldn't affect power output I wouldn't think. When my ABS sensor was knocked out bike still rode fine with full power just no electronics..

  • Offline 53jd   us

    • XR Member  ‐    32
    • **
      #8

    Offline 53jd

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 32
    • Bike: 2023 S1000XR
    • Town: Austin, TX
    • Country: us
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 08:00:03 pm
    June 26, 2023, 08:00:03 pm
    @Zar_S1000XR

    Guess BMW_388 isn't on this board huh?   :008:

  • Offline bennymx   au

    • XR Member  ‐    31
    • **
      #9

    Offline bennymx

    • XR Member
    • **
    • Posts: 31
    • Bike: 2021 S1000RR
    • Town: Melbourne
    • Country: au
    Re: Can't dyno 2020 S1000XR 'Front ABS'
    Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023, 04:35:51 am
    July 08, 2023, 04:35:51 am
    He spoke to me on another forum. It can be done and requires coding. In standard trim, no EU5 bikes can have ABS disabled. That changed from the old models. The RR gains the function when the rear lights are disconnected. But I have made my personal RR able to do it as it was previous years.

     



    dysfunctional