Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SW-Motech Crash Bars  (Read 1952 times)

Offline skapan

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW S1000
  • Town: Toronto
SW-Motech Crash Bars
« on: August 19, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Great product. Had them on my K13S and naturally thought of them when I brought the XR home.  Got a set from Twisted Throttle, and set forth to install - - hmmmm the top mounting hole on the left bar is off by half a diameter or so. And these bars are so stiff there's no way in hell of moving it, and besides, if you did the flange would not sit flush on the engine block. So waiting now to see what they say. Already went through the usual "loosen all the bolts and wiggle it around" and there is just no way it will bolt up. So be forewarned. Hopefully they have fixed the welding jig before you buy yours.

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Re: SW-Motech Crash Bars
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:54 AM »
Thanks

Offline skapan

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
Just heard from SW Motech, they are sending replacements. I'm hoping that solves the issue.

Offline skapan

• XR Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »
Received my replacements. The upper left mount is a slot, not a hole, and everything fits great. Probably a little oopsie at the welding fixture. Thank you SW-Motech for straightening this out.

dysfunctional