Author I fitted the Healtech servo exhaust eliminator the easy way on a 2023 XR  (Read 1343 times)

• Offline Wizard   za

• XR Member  ‐    21
    • Topic Author

Offline Wizard

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2023 BMW S1000XR TE
    • Town: Pretoria
    I fitted the Healtech servo exhaust eliminator the easy way on a 2023 XR
    on: October 06, 2023, 03:55:57 pm
    October 06, 2023, 03:55:57 pm
    I got the  Healtech servo exhaust eliminator from the UK and had it installed in 15 to 20 minutes. I had to keep the Servo motor with cables in place for the warrentee in our country (we have a 5 year warrentee on the bike). So when it go for a service I just plug the plug out of the Healtech servo exhaust eliminator and back into the servo motor.

I discovered an easier way. The easy way to do it is you come from the chain side and just above the swing arm is the plug plugged into the servo motor.  You come in from the chain side with a thin long screwdriver to release the clip on the plug and use another longgg screwdriver to push the plug out. Then loosen the black clip that hold the wire and pull it up all the way and bring it through the frame then plug you  Healtech servo exhaust eliminator in and  test. Fix the  Healtech servo exhaust eliminator to the frame with the double side tape that is on the little black box and a cable tie and bob's your uncle. Took me 15 to 20 minutes with no damage anywhere and I can reconnect the servo motor when the bike go in for a service as it may affect my warrentee if the servo and flap is not working.

BTW I kept the standard exhaust (end can) on the bike and it does sound better...

Life is great, Life is Magic, Life is Magick, it is great to be alive.

• Offline coastal59   wales

• XR Member  ‐    67

Offline coastal59

• XR Member
    • Bike: 1000 xr se
    • Town: Anglesey
    Re: I fitted the Healtech servo exhaust eliminator the easy way on a 2023 XR
    Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 07:00:09 pm
    October 23, 2023, 07:00:09 pm
    Got any pics , I think I will do this.

• Offline Wildhaus   gb

• XR Member  ‐    92

Offline Wildhaus

• XR Member
    Re: I fitted the Healtech servo exhaust eliminator the easy way on a 2023 XR
    Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 07:39:25 pm
    November 14, 2023, 07:39:25 pm
    +1 for pics, please!  I am about to do the same thing and on a cold and damp early winter's day in the UK, prefer not to be fiddling around needlessly with cold and desensitised fingers on cold and brittle plastic.   :763: