Author Throttle closing in High Gears 1st Gen  (Read 3817 times)

• Offline CobraKai   us

• XR Member  ‐    84
    • Topic Author

Offline CobraKai

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: CA
    Throttle closing in High Gears 1st Gen
    on: October 14, 2023, 04:11:07 am
    October 14, 2023, 04:11:07 am
    As some of you know, the S1000XR closes the throttle bodies at high speeds. There is a noticeable drop in acceleration around 130mph because the throttles begin to gradually close.

Tuners can easily remove this, causing it to accelerate strongly to redline in every gear.

I was thinking... what if I just unplugged the gear position sensor? Or maybe there is some other easy workaround, since I have no other complaints about this bike whatsoever.

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    2020

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Re: Throttle closing in High Gears 1st Gen
    Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 10:51:50 am
    October 14, 2023, 10:51:50 am
    *Originally Posted by CobraKai [+]
    As some of you know, the S1000XR closes the throttle bodies at high speeds. There is a noticeable drop in acceleration around 130mph because the throttles begin to gradually close.

Tuners can easily remove this, causing it to accelerate strongly to redline in every gear.

I was thinking... what if I just unplugged the gear position sensor? Or maybe there is some other easy workaround, since I have no other complaints about this bike whatsoever.

Everything is so interconnected that if you do something like that it'll likely knock a bunch of things out, quick shifter and cruise control for sure...

dysfunctional