Author Weiser Technik Wizard Module  (Read 1165 times)

• Offline Matt589   gb

• XR Member  ‐    53
    • Topic Author

Offline Matt589

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR TE
    Weiser Technik Wizard Module
    on: October 16, 2023, 10:37:14 am
    October 16, 2023, 10:37:14 am
    Ever since picking up my XR, the lack of a rear light and the function of the indicators has bugged me. I’ve had friends riding behind me tell me they cannot see me indicating, and it looks like the reason is that the indicator part is inside the rear light part of the indicator. I guess many people won’t be concerned but I was, especially as when braking the rear light part glows much brighter and completely obscures the indicator portion. I didn’t want to replace the stock indicators, so when the Weiser Technik Wizard modules were released, I decided to give them a try. They’re not a cheap solution but I am very happy with the results. Basically, when indicating, the rear light function is removed from that indicator, so you just see an orange indicator light. Obviously I’d prefer a proper rear light, but it’s the next best thing for me.

The supplied instructions don’t actually tell you anything, so it was a bit of discovery to work out where the rear indicator modules live. In the end I had to remove these parts:

Rear plastic rack (if you have a Topcase) - 6 T25 screws
    Metal rack arms - 4 T40 screws
    Plastic side panels either side of the front seat - 1 T25 screw each
    Black plastic side panels (lower, below the seat) - 3 T25 screws each
    Small black plastic rear panel - just pulls off
    Grey metal housing that sits on the rear subframe - 5 x T40 screws
    Small black plastic lid containing the USB accessory port near the rear light - 2 x T20 screws.

This reveals a small box containing the indicator switches, and the Wizard modules just plug in (make sure they’re the right way round - the male connector has a small bump that locates under the tab with the hole on the female connector). Try to ensure the wiring between the components of the Wizard module are not strained or bent at too acute an angle as they look a little bit fragile. Cable ties are supplied to keep everything neat but they’re not really required as the compartment is quite small.

Then you just need to reassemble everything. Some screws have copious amounts of thread lock so you may want to clean out those threads and reapply.

I hope this helps for anyone considering them.

• Offline Diavel   la

• XR Pro  ‐    275

Offline Diavel

• XR Pro
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Vientiane
    Re: Weiser Technik Wizard Module
    Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:02:08 am
    October 17, 2023, 05:02:08 am
    This very helpful thanks 😎 👍🏽. Actually recently I watched this video and it got me thinking about putting on my Gen 2. As you say it's not cheap but worthwhile.

• Offline garyculb   us

• XR Pro  ‐    271

Offline garyculb

• XR Pro
    • Doc
    • Bike: 2021 XR Sport
    • Town: Sumter, SC
    Re: Weiser Technik Wizard Module
    Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 06:01:25 pm
    October 17, 2023, 06:01:25 pm
    *(Note: Currently this module is NOT compatible with S1000 Series bikes made for the North American market).

https://abikething.com/product/weiser-wizard-rear-kit-for-bmw-s-series-2020-onwards/

Best,

Doc :027:
    2021 XR Sport

dysfunctional