Author Full exhaust system recommendations.  (Read 1771 times)

• Offline fozz   england

• XR Pro  ‐    129
    • Topic Author

Offline fozz

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: s1000 xr se
    • Town: Somerset
    Full exhaust system recommendations.
    on: October 30, 2023, 07:34:45 am
    October 30, 2023, 07:34:45 am
    Looking for a full system for my 2016 gen 1. I don't want to spend a fortune and the full Arrow systems seem good value at sub £1000.
    Any recommendations greatly received,
    Thanks Fozz.

• Offline af1-windy   gb

• XR Master  ‐    701

Offline af1-windy

• XR Master
    • Bike: s1000xr
    • Town: Leeds
    Re: Full exhaust system recommendations.
    Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 08:07:52 am
    October 30, 2023, 08:07:52 am
    *Originally Posted by fozz [+]
    Looking for a full system for my 2016 gen 1. I don't want to spend a fortune and the full Arrow systems seem good value at sub £1000.
    Any recommendations greatly received,
    Thanks Fozz.

https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/s-1000-xr-1126-c.asp

"When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive" Neil Peart.

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    2020

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 12:57:25 pm
    October 30, 2023, 12:57:25 pm
    Black widow all the way, any of the others are just for flash... Akra has a slight and i do mean slight advantage at 2500rpm and that's it. Exhaust is almost completely covered up by radiators and bodywork anyway, not much to see and black widow are made of good quality SS anyway, didn't have any corrosion issues.

• Offline Winger   gb

• XR God  ‐    3730

Offline Winger

• XR God
    • Town: Birmingham
    Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 03:01:21 pm
    October 30, 2023, 03:01:21 pm
    Which aftermarket set of headers you look at makes little difference cuz their all based on the Akrapovic version anyway and regardless you’ll still need a PowerCommander and a dyno run,if you want to tidy the headers up fit an O2 plug and disconnect the lamba but in reality you don’t have too cuz the PC disconnects it anyway,BUT….there’s another bike to be had when you ditch the TUV map,it’s possible to run the bike on the map that is supplied in the PC but to get it right it’ll need a dyno run.

• Offline fozz   england

• XR Pro  ‐    129
    • Topic Author

Offline fozz

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: s1000 xr se
    • Town: Somerset
    Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 06:30:20 pm
    October 30, 2023, 06:30:20 pm
    *Originally Posted by Winger [+]
    Which aftermarket set of headers you look at makes little difference cuz their all based on the Akrapovic version anyway and regardless you’ll still need a PowerCommander and a dyno run,if you want to tidy the headers up fit an O2 plug and disconnect the lamba but in reality you don’t have too cuz the PC disconnects it anyway,BUT….there’s another bike to be had when you ditch the TUV map,it’s possible to run the bike on the map that is supplied in the PC but to get it right it’ll need a dyno run.
    Any recommendations regarding the Dyno set up?, who to use?, I'm in Southwest but don't mind travelling if they know there stuff.

• Offline Antares   gb

• XR God  ‐    2020

Offline Antares

• XR God
    • Bike: 2015 XR Sport SE
    • Town: Staines/Kirklees
    Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 06:32:48 pm
    October 30, 2023, 06:32:48 pm
    *Originally Posted by fozz [+]
    Any recommendations regarding the Dyno set up?, who to use?, I'm in Southwest but don't mind travelling if they know there stuff.

BHP UK and BSD Performance get good rep, or you can go with one of the "pre-done" self flash options like Brentune, BHP also offer that service too.

• Offline Winger   gb

• XR God  ‐    3730

Offline Winger

• XR God
    Reply #6 on: October 30, 2023, 06:57:10 pm
    October 30, 2023, 06:57:10 pm
    I use Road and Race Performance in Meriden they have mapped both the my XR and KTM GT,now in fairness we are not talking a major re-map cuz if you buy a PC from them direct(From Power Commander) it will come with a fairly decent map in it from scratch,they’ll just be dotting the eyes and crossing the TTT’s but in fairness do some home work and you will be able to find someone a lot closer.

As I’m not sure how much you know 😄 manufacturers have to submit bikes for test by the TUV so that means their will be a hole in the fuel map at 3250 revs,the first time you ride it after that it’ll be like a new bike,never mind the extra revs higher up.

What you are going to have to find out the hard way yourself at some time is the different between a Re-map and a Piggyback,the kids love re-maps cuz their cheaper,I had a Rexxer map blown into my K1200r but i much prefer the feel of a Power Commander and when you bale something to sell.

• Online Mareng1   gb

• XR God  ‐    1828

Online Mareng1

• XR God
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 07:48:10 pm
    October 31, 2023, 07:48:10 pm
    Damn!  revisiting this thread might be expensive !

Now back considering a black widow front end into my BMW Akro can, together with a PC5 !

I said to myself from the start - "not bothered about any more performance on this bike" - but you know how it goes !!!

What I don't want to do  - is produce a system that is so loud that it annoys me on long days, or les Gendarmes/Cantonal Police Corps. :110:

Could be a £1000 well spent though (BW half system, PC5, Dyno set up).    :028:

• Offline Winger   gb

• XR God  ‐    3730

Offline Winger

• XR God
    Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 01:37:46 pm
    November 01, 2023, 01:37:46 pm
    And the big plus you will notice is bottom end grunt,to this day never got over the extra that my Akra headers, MIVV end can and PC have given me,all you will need then is a pair of Dymags 😜

• Online Mareng1   gb

• XR God  ‐    1828

Online Mareng1

• XR God
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 05:58:08 pm
    November 01, 2023, 05:58:08 pm
    *Originally Posted by Winger [+]
    And the big plus you will notice is bottom end grunt,to this day never got over the extra that my Akra headers, MIVV end can and PC have given me,all you will need then is a pair of Dymags 😜

I think the breathing & fuelling are as far as I can justify, but now looking for a decent dyno centre for the spring.  Found RJS in Leicestershire - who also do Woolich, so I suppose I need to investigate that option too!   

BSD (a name that I trawled up from memory) could also be an option.

Any other recommended?