Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puig touring windscreen suckola  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Puig touring windscreen suckola
« on: September 01, 2016, 02:52:11 AM »
Decided to try the Puig touring screen on a whim even though I REALLY like the Ztechnik I bought a few months ago (you know how it is, it might be better)

The friggin holes on the screen were a good 3/8" off, you'd have to wrestle and bend the screen just to get the two top screws in it was so far out of whack. I was afraid I was going to bend the bracket or crack the screen so I didn't even try. Boxed up and sending it back tomorrow asap.

There's a reason it was only $91 vs $196 for the Ztechnik which btw fit like a glove and is a lot nicer plastic, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Offline Harry H

• XR Member
  • Town: Sunny Surrey
Re: Puig touring windscreen suckola
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »
I've had loads of Puig screens over the years as they've always delivered so it was the first port of call when I got the XR. It was a bit of a wrestle to get on but went in the end. The problem I had was that whilst it was bigger and looked good  and  added greater wind protection the buffeting was really bad.

Swapped for a MRA touring screen with the flip up bit on in the end and have to say it's very good. Short of bolting a barn door to the front of the bike I think one would struggle to improve on the MRA screen. I keep it down when playing and pop it up when sat on the Motorway. For reference I'm 6ft tall.

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 12:35:30 PM »
I had a good ride out with my MRA today.  Really good for an "adventure" styled bike. 

Our bikes are an aerodynamic nightmare, as the rider sits a long way back from the screen....

Offline fjrden

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XRSE
  • Town: Ballygowan
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »
Tried Puig but had to send back. Was initially told that I couldn't and wouldn't get refund. Recontacted and got a different individual who told me I shouldn't have got previous reply. Was emailed a return label and refunded. I chose an MRA and like it.

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:40:33 PM »
Fitted a Wunderlich Sport screen for the s1xr. Very pleased with it. Minor turbulence at speed, but this is mainly on  motorways with cross vehicle turbulence. I'm 6ft 2ins with knackered spine so needed substantial protection.