Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HP seat arrived today  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
HP seat arrived today
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:13:15 PM »
Took a chance and ordered the tall sport seat and while it's .6" taller than the stock standard I feel no difference as far as my feet reaching the ground. Way more padding and looks pretty cool. Can't wait to test it out.

How do you post pics? I did the attachment thing below but I'm not seeing anything?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:39:02 PM by Ant »

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
Re: HP seat arrived today
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 02:12:27 AM »
Pics.

Offline vsteel

• XR Member
  • Town: Kuna, ID
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 03:07:56 AM »
I can see the pics.

I would love to hear a lot of details after you ride it some.  I have thought the OEM seat might be a little hard but it has surprised me and not caused pain yet, though I have not done more than about 150 miles in a day so far.  I am always nervous with the after market (even if it is BMW) seats as a lot of times they seem really hit or miss.

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 03:17:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by vsteel [+]
I can see the pics.

I would love to hear a lot of details after you ride it some.  I have thought the OEM seat might be a little hard but it has surprised me and not caused pain yet, though I have not done more than about 150 miles in a day so far.  I am always nervous with the after market (even if it is BMW) seats as a lot of times they seem really hit or miss.

Can you see pics in my first post?? I can't.

Seats in general are hit and miss, gotta just take the plunge and fingers crossed. I've ended up always going with and being really happy with Sargent seats on my previous bikes but they don't have one yet for the XR so I took a chance with the HP. Corbins I didn't like whereas others swear by them.

Offline vsteel

• XR Member
  • Town: Kuna, ID
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:49:54 AM »
Yes, your pictures show up perfectly for me. 

The hard part for me to swallow is the $500usd that they all seem to cost.  That is a lot of money for something that is hit or miss.

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by vsteel [+]
Yes, your pictures show up perfectly for me. 

The hard part for me to swallow is the $500usd that they all seem to cost.  That is a lot of money for something that is hit or miss.

It's a risk but a small one to take. If you don't like it you can sell it with ease, you may lose a few bucks but it won't be a huge loss. Look at the risk we take buying a 20K bike like the XR (or any other bike in that price range) in comparrison a seat is small potatoes (or german pancakes)

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
Put about 500 miles on the new seat and it feels even better once broken in, happy camper my buns are.

Offline Jasper

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ipswich
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »
Hi
Have been riding HP seat for several months, but don't find it much more comfortable than stock , although slightly taller, does not seem to have much padding and uncomfortable after an hour.

dysfunctional