Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: hp seat  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Weldxr

• XR Junior
  • Bike: 1000xr
  • Town: Scunthorpe
hp seat
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
Hi guys just got an hp comfort seat think it looks great but the only promlem I have with it is  I get vibration where the seat hump is in my lower back anyone else had this
cheers steve

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Re: hp seat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 01:37:09 AM »
Not experiencing that with my HP seat.

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:12:02 AM »
I get vibes through the seat from 7000-7200 RPM....no, I don't know why either.... :084:

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 02:19:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by Troppo [+]
I get vibes through the seat from 7000-7200 RPM....no, I don't know why either.... :084:

:001: Come to think of it I do get some vibes when the RPM rises!

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:03 AM »
My seat vibes are only in that range....it varies from bike to bike.  The other two I rode vibed in different ranges.

As I put kilometres on the bike, the vibes are becoming less and less noticeable - the HVMP bar ends reduced them by about 90%.

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 02:30:16 AM »
My seat vibes are only in that range....it varies from bike to bike.  The other two I rode vibed in different ranges.

As I put kilometres on the bike, the vibes are becoming less and less noticeable - the HVMP bar ends reduced them by about 90%.

Agree! The bar ends make a difference and I think as time goes on what vibes were talked about just become a non issue. The XR is just so damn fun to ride .

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 02:32:06 AM »
Yep - I like it more than my S1000R.  It is just so much fun to ride.

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 07:35:35 AM »
Yep - I like it more than my S1000R.  It is just so much fun to ride.
I've heard a couple of others infer this. Why more fun to ride?

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 07:49:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by mahseve33 [+]
I've heard a couple of others infer this. Why more fun to ride?

It has a different airbox, so the aural soundtrack over 6K is wonderful.

It is very comfortable to ride - much more comfy than the R - your legs are much straighter.

The wide bars give you great leverage in the twisties, making the bike far more responsive and "chuckable" than the R.

The QS is much, much better than the one in the R, and it works down the box as well.

It (feels like) it pulls harder than the R, but that could be the upright position.

The upright position is far better for in town and commuting.

Downsides?

The seat height - I waxed lyrical (i.e. pissed and moaned   :008:) about this in another thread, but I gave myself a metaphorical uppercut and told myself to HTFU  :164:

I can flat foot the bike at lights if I lean off to one side very slightly...and I'm used to this from my GS.

The vibes - 99% fixed now.

The looks....I am getting used to them now...all bikes (like women) have good and bad angles...

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »

It has a different airbox, so the aural soundtrack over 6K is wonderful.

It is very comfortable to ride - much more comfy than the R - your legs are much straighter.

The wide bars give you great leverage in the twisties, making the bike far more responsive and "chuckable" than the R.

The QS is much, much better than the one in the R, and it works down the box as well.

It (feels like) it pulls harder than the R, but that could be the upright position.

The upright position is far better for in town and commuting.

Downsides?

The seat height - I waxed lyrical (i.e. pissed and moaned   :008:) about this in another thread, but I gave myself a metaphorical uppercut and told myself to HTFU  :164:

I can flat foot the bike at lights if I lean off to one side very slightly...and I'm used to this from my GS.

The vibes - 99% fixed now.

The looks....I am getting used to them now...all bikes (like women) have good and bad angles...

Thanks for that. All makes sense. 
I'm 6'2" so no problems with height. Apparently the set up for the for XR gives more low and mid range torque, that's what you've noticed.
The induction roar is impressive, drowns the Mivv end can.
Looks..very subjective. Personally I love it. I know from your earlier post that you weren't keen on the 'girder work', but I have the Shard system which is much neater, also I can compromise so I can pannier and top box up for long trips.