Author Theft and Cymarc  (Read 773 times)

• Offline norskman   gb

• XR Pro  ‐    101
    • Topic Author

Offline norskman

• XR Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: BMW S1000XR Red
    • Town: London, UK
    Theft and Cymarc
    on: January 16, 2024, 09:51:10 am
    January 16, 2024, 09:51:10 am
    Hello all

I would like to bring to your attention the fact that my digital dash was stolen.

Through this forum I found out about Cymarc's solution - the anti-theft brace.

This is a well-engineered metal brace which goes round the edge of the screen screen. It is held in place by anti-theft shear-off type bolts.

This will only stop the casual thief. They used an abrasive wheel to cut through the brace in 2 places and then yanked it out.

2 weeks ago, my brace was cut-off in broad -day light, very close to the busiest street in London, namely Oxford / Bond street at 12:30am.

Having spoken to Cymarc's CEO - We both agreed that their brace will stop casual thieves but not determined 'London' thieves.

Cost of replacement with the BMW time  - is around £1500.

Oddly the bike is still rideable, but probably not legally as there is no speedo. But it does ride!

I am no longer commuting to London, after spending around £30K on thefts in Central London.
    There are no bikes that are I know of that they will not take - if they are slow, then they are good for pizza riders, if old then they are not ULEZ compliant.

I have had it.....

its touring only for me now.

• Offline Mareng1   gb

• XR God  ‐    1828

Offline Mareng1

• XR God
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Cumbria
    Re: Theft and Cymarc
    Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 11:38:10 am
    January 16, 2024, 11:38:10 am
    It's demoralising - that is for sure.

Even days out to the countryside or washing / loading your bike in the driveway has risk.

I suppose your instruments will end up on Ebay or Facebook marketplace

dysfunctional