Author Engine light Side Stand.  (Read 749 times)

• Offline Yakmandoo   gb

• XR Member  ‐    41
    • Topic Author

Offline Yakmandoo

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR K49
    • Town: Buxton
    Engine light Side Stand.
    on: January 26, 2024, 07:53:29 pm
    January 26, 2024, 07:53:29 pm
    Hi guys not posted for a while, since being stood outside a dealers for 3months my bike has developed a side stand fault, BMWs and Motoscan both report the same fault, 3A1331 Side Stand, I've done the obvious and replaced the switch, same fault unfortunately, side stand down Engine fault light for a second then off, stand up no fault however if its ticking over on the centre stand with the side stand down, it intermittently throws up the engine light and starts running lumpy/stuttering, this in itself seems like it's not a problem, however I'm concerned it could start while riding along, any ideas? My next steps is to check the wiring, I'm guessing it's patched into the harness as well.

• Offline smithy   au

• XR God  ‐    2658

Offline smithy

• XR God
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    Re: Engine light Side Stand.
    Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 09:22:37 pm
    January 26, 2024, 09:22:37 pm
    *Originally Posted by Yakmandoo [+]
    Hi guys not posted for a while, since being stood outside a dealers for 3months my bike has developed a side stand fault, BMWs and Motoscan both report the same fault, 3A1331 Side Stand, I've done the obvious and replaced the switch, same fault unfortunately, side stand down Engine fault light for a second then off, stand up no fault however if its ticking over on the centre stand with the side stand down, it intermittently throws up the engine light and starts running lumpy/stuttering, this in itself seems like it's not a problem, however I'm concerned it could start while riding along, any ideas? My next steps is to check the wiring, I'm guessing it's patched into the harness as well.

Check the wiring for the switch where it goes behind the front sprocket cover...they sometimes get pinched behind the cover.

Smithy.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

• Offline Yakmandoo   gb

• XR Member  ‐    41
    • Topic Author

Offline Yakmandoo

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 09:24:55 pm
    January 26, 2024, 09:24:55 pm
    I've done a visual check and the obligatory wiggle, going to just bridge the wire, rule out the switch and take it from there, if it's the wire I'm hoping it's a part separate to the loom.

• Offline smithy   au

• XR God  ‐    2658

Offline smithy

• XR God
    • Bike: 2017 S1000XR
    • Town: Brisvegas.
    Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 09:30:10 pm
    January 26, 2024, 09:30:10 pm
    *Originally Posted by Yakmandoo [+]
    I've done a visual check and the obligatory wiggle, going to just bridge the wire, rule out the switch and take it from there, if it's the wire I'm hoping it's a part separate to the loom.

Have you physically removed the sprocket cover to check for pinched wiring..??
    When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather....not screaming like the passengers in his car..!

• Offline Yakmandoo   gb

• XR Member  ‐    41
    • Topic Author

Offline Yakmandoo

• XR Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 09:34:00 pm
    January 26, 2024, 09:34:00 pm
    Yeah of course, motoscan can also see the switch actuating when I move the stand, so it's looking more like wiring, I also wiggled the wires while on live parameters to see if any of stand values changed, but no, so I'm guessing it will be a trace back to see where it connects to, then the multimeter

dysfunctional