Author Hello from South Wales!  (Read 730 times)

• Offline matt-wt   gb

• XR Junior  ‐    12
    • Topic Author

Offline matt-wt

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR TE
    • Town: South Wales, UK
    Hello from South Wales!
    on: January 31, 2024, 07:35:50 am
    January 31, 2024, 07:35:50 am
    Hello All,

New Gen 2 Ice Grey XR Owner here from South Wales! Recently upgraded from a 2022 CBR650R, to which I can say the XR is world changing… albeit with a few small flaws that I hope this forum will guide me on (noise, lumpy at low speeds and horrendous wind noise).

I’m relatively young to be on a bike like this at 26, it’s my second bike (third if you include a Repsol moped that I did 17k on in a year when I was 16). Got some experience in some quick cars, one of mine currently is an RS3 but nothing comes close to the brain rearranging speed of the XR for me at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for having me.. relieved to see a forum just dedicated to the XR but I can believe why it would have such a following!

All the best,

Matthew.  :152:

• Offline Diavel   la

• XR Pro  ‐    272

Offline Diavel

• XR Pro
    • Bike: S1000XR
    • Town: Vientiane
    Re: Hello from South Wales!
    Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 09:14:37 am
    January 31, 2024, 09:14:37 am
    Welcome Matt....I am sure that you will have lots of fun on the XR  ( I have exactly the same bike and colour) on the Welsh Riviera provided you keep an eye out for the ever vigilant South Wales Police ! I laughed when you wrote that you are young to be on a  bike like this at 26....did you mean price or age wise. I assumed that you meant age and was thinking that it was pictured as a pipe and slippers bike for the over 50's 😁. Try and picture it more like a comfortable S1000RR without the wrist , neck and back ache when you get off after a long ride 😃. I am sure that you will find the forum useful
    Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:16:45 am by Diavel

• Offline matt-wt   gb

• XR Junior  ‐    12
    • Topic Author

Offline matt-wt

• XR Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: S1000XR TE
    • Town: South Wales, UK
    Re: Hello from South Wales!
    Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 09:31:15 am
    January 31, 2024, 09:31:15 am
    *Originally Posted by Diavel [+]
    Welcome Matt....I am sure that you will have lots of fun on the XR  ( I have exactly the same bike and colour) on the Welsh Riviera provided you keep an eye out for the ever vigilant South Wales Police ! I laughed when you wrote that you are young to be on a  bike like this at 26....did you mean price or age wise. I assumed that you meant age and was thinking that it was pictured as a pipe and slippers bike for the over 50's 😁. Try and picture it more like a comfortable S1000RR without the wrist , neck and back ache when you get off after a long ride 😃. I am sure that you will find the forum useful

Thank you very much! It was my favourite colour so pushed me to get a used bike, BMW said they weren’t as popular as they’d have liked hence why they stopped producing it which surprises me because it’s amazing.. so bright!

I did mean more age/experience wise, haha! I’ll have had my full licence 2 years in June, I am conscious that it’s a big jump really with that level of ‘experience’ from a 95bhp bike to a 165bhp one. The bike is a monster, I absolutely love it  :046:

My mates have given me no end of abuse for going from a ‘sports bike’ to a ‘boring old man’s bike’, all I can say is ride one, in no sense of the word could I ever describe the XR as boring and it looks amazing as far as sports tourers go. Thanks to the riding position I’ve got a lot more confidence riding it too, so much more fun up against the CBR.

dysfunctional