Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear tire assasinated by 2" finishing nail.  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
Rear tire assasinated by 2" finishing nail.
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Right smack through the meaty part, RIP Battlax you died young.

The bright side is I bought tire insurance which I forgot about and at the dealer this morning they reminded me. Got a brand new Michelin Pilot Road 4 installed for no charge. I intended on going with the PR4 anyhow when the Bridgestones wore out so not too bad.

Offline johnnienofish

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: MANCHESTER
Re: Rear tire assasinated by 2" finishing nail.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ant [+]
Right smack through the meaty part, RIP Battlax you died young.

The bright side is I bought tire insurance which I forgot about and at the dealer this morning they reminded me. Got a brand new Michelin Pilot Road 4 installed for no charge. I intended on going with the PR4 anyhow when the Bridgestones wore out so not too bad.
if you don't mind me asking ? tyre insurance - how much - is it just cover for punctures ?
proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

Offline Ant

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by johnnienofish [+]
if you don't mind me asking ? tyre insurance - how much - is it just cover for punctures ?

It was around $500 for 3 years and covers tires and wheels so punctured tires or bent wheels and I'm covered. I never buy extended insurances but this time it worked out pretty good. You can haggle with the dealer btw on this, when doing the paperwork and they're trying to sell you extra stuff origionally it was close to $800 and I said #### no. $500 seemed to be a reasonable price so I went with it.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »
Know the feeling.  Have had that happen with a brand new tire and I had no insurance.  Enough to make a grown man cry!!   :003:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline Blast54

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR,K12GT
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by grnmtvt [+]
Know the feeling.  Have had that happen with a brand new tire and I had no insurance.  Enough to make a grown man cry!!   :003:

Just had an odd puncture while 500 miles from home on a brand new rear! Because I couldn't see the damage on the inside of the tire, I purchased a new tire at a dealer who took me in. I took the old tire with me back home a couple days later to give it an inspection. I have a No-Mar tire machine to mount/dismount tires and after looking at the inside of the tire I determined a plug/patch repair would be fine. This is the only way I will repair a tire....after a close inspection and ONLY with a combination of a plug and patch repair.
Riding and fixing BMW's since 1970

dysfunctional