Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Waiting for my XR  (Read 3338 times)

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Grimsby
Waiting for my XR
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:16 AM »
My XR is now over a month later and BMW are not forth coming with any reasons why.  Anybody know someone who is in the same boat and have they been given any reasons why.

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: Waiting for my XR
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
 :400:

My understanding is they weren't making anymore until the new EU exhaust requirements were in place, so you'd be getting a more eco friendly bike compared to the rest of us, but that's all I've 'heard'. Ring another dealer and ask what the crack is if you were to order one.
On the other hand id be playing Mr Angry with your own dealer as to why your still waiting and what youe giving me in compensation for the delay/lack of answers. Who have you ordered from ?
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »
Funny old thing, just got call from my dealer, bike has been released from factory.  I had ordered HP seat from them and they have said it will come on the bike with no extra cost.  Fingers are firmly crossed.

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »
Very good, ask for cheap Nav V, I'll give you 300 for it  :164:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
Yipee, it arrived today.  Hope we get a few dry days.

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:54:51 PM »
Enjoy. Expecting a Phantom report soon. :028:

Offline phantom92

• XR Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »
Bike is now run in, very pleased with it, and the red ones are the fastest.  No vibs as I put Evotech bar end wieghts on from the beginning.  Gone from GS LC to XR and I find the XR to be a much more comfy bike.  Have to keep my eye on the speedo, can get a bit carried away in a very short lenght of time.  My only gripe is the head lights, which alot of people have moaned about, (must get some better bulbs).  Other than that, great bike, bring on the spring.

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »
I ordered a XR on 7th September and have still not got the bike, I've been chasing the dealer as he has not made contact its always been me asking for updates.
On the order the delivery date is 15/11/16. After some chasing up apparently the bike is being built this week? I have chased up the dealer but he can not say if it is or has been built.
I have called BMW customer services and they have told me that the last update on the computer from the factory was on 24/10/16 when the order was accepted by the production manager?
so in 2 weeks nothing has happened.
If its not built this week I'm going to cancel the order and look at other manufacturers.

This will be my 4th new BMW and I've never had this problem, to say I'm not happy is an understatement.  :110: :157:

Offline Winger

• XR God
  • Town: Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »
A lot of bike dealers have been pre registering Euro 3's with other models I haven't seen that with the XR's so they have done a good job of running down the old stock so I guess there's bound to be a slight glitch,regardless bit of a strange time of year to be jumping up and down about a new bike? More like ordering for next year!!.

Offline Dave G

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr S1000rr
  • Town: Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 03:36:29 PM »
I wanted the bike for the end of September early October which is what I was told at the point of sale, the sales man stated they put the long delivery date on so as not to disappoint?

I just think that the customer service has been very poor, every other bike i have ordered with other dealers has been at the dealer within the month, I was updated weekly with its progress.

The guy I'm dealing with has not called me once. I have had to do all the chasing for updates.

As I explained to BMW, I was planning to ride the bike when delivered in October but now I won't ride it with the salt on the roads.

I guess my problem is with the dealer and the poor communication, very poor service
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:38:46 PM by Dave G »