Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New to me bike  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Dazman76

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR S SE
  • Town: Melton Mowbray
New to me bike
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
Well yesterday I picked up my new(well new to me) Xr I loved the ride home I just love everything about the bike apart from the slight vibes but I'm looking into sorting them I just couldn't stop smiling then when I got back it was to wide to go down the side of our house I was so gutted and it's now stuck in my dads garage,
It's only just to wide and it's the hand guards which are to wide I'm thinking about taking them off has anybody else taken them off am I right in thinking they just stop a bit of wind off your fingers

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Re: New to me bike
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »

Congrats on the bike, gutted for you on the hand guards. Mine would be staying on, pay dividends come winter for sure, watch you bikes secure at dads as your ins co could take issue if it gets nicked from there, unless its covered from there of course !

Are we talking brick wall either side stopping you getting down the side ?,
is it a long way to get through ?,
could a wheeled thingy sort it whilst having the bars sideways ?.

Picture of where your trying to get through may prove fruitful...
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Dazman76

• XR Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 06:18:55 PM »
This is the alley

Offline mahseve33

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Cheshire
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
Congrats on new bike, you won't be disappointed. (Unlesss it's red, then I'd understand your embaressment  :008:)
You could reduce the width of you bars,  aftermarket or hacksaw :005: Might be worth it. Gatso burner is right better check your insurance.

Offline Dazman76

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »
Mahseve33 it is red and in my opinion red is the best and fastest colour and I'm thinking about reducing the width it is literal 1-2 inches so for now I'm just going to remove 1 bar end to get it out and then back in it doesn't take to long  :152:

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »
 :150: hard luck Mahe,

Daz, i'd get myself a little wee trolley for sticking the bike on its centre stand, lock the bars turned and push through, done in less than a minute, something like this :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BikeTek-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Deluxe-Centre-Stand-Garage-Dolly-Mover-Paddock-/371448890580?hash=item567c1444d4:g:eEMAAOSwEetWBO7B

Maybe better wheels though to glide across the concrete path though  :028:
Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.