Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Need to kick this section in the ass!  (Read 4366 times)

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Need to kick this section in the ass!
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:48 AM »
This area needs to get some attention as there are some items I seriously need to get my hands on  :008:

-Tank Bag
I am getting desperate for a tank bag, it is where I keep my cell phone charging and feed the Gamin some music. Also, chap stick, fuses, sunglasses, a couple maps, snacks and some water.                   I like the gas cap mounted quick release setups, I just do not see anything that is listed as actually fitting the gentle slope that is the tank on the XR.

-Tail Bag
On longer rides I really like having some food, compressor, a few tools and a camera. I just need a soft luggage that is actually designed to fit that narrow ass that is the XR. Nothing I have currently works well. I am not ready for hard luggage as I never carry that much stuff even when out for three days, couple pair of socks, couple pair of underwear and a couple pair of shirts.

I did order the BMW HP standard seat, mostly out of vanity cause I like the look of the material and the embroidered XR.

I did order some clutch and brake levers that are adjustable, forget the brand just what the dealership suggested as the BMW HP levers were 276.00 each lever  :005:

Offline West is Best

• XR Junior
  • Town: Bristol
Re: Need to kick this section in the ass!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:59:35 AM »
-Tail Bag
On longer rides I really like having some food, compressor, a few tools and a camera. I just need a soft luggage that is actually designed to fit that narrow ass that is the XR. Nothing I have currently works well. I am not ready for hard luggage as I never carry that much stuff even when out for three days, couple pair of socks, couple pair of underwear and a couple pair of shirts.

Have you ever tried the Kriega tailpacks:

http://www.kriega.us/us20-motorcycle-bag-luggage/

Been using the US10 and US20 for a while now and really like em  :028:

You can use them individually or they can strap together as needed. They also do a bigger 30 litre one for those longer trips.

The US10 looks tiny but it's amazing what you can get into it. Totally waterproof as well which a bonus. Haven't tried them on a XR but can't see why they wouldn't fit.

As for tank tank bags I've never found one that I really like  :003:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:58:16 AM »
I have seen the Kriega items before on other bikes, just not certain that type of tail bag will fit so looking for feedback. I know not may XR out in the wild yet, but sooner or later folks will start filling in the blanks and sharing information.

Yesterday I ordered Pazzo levers in red, nice adjustable units that were less than half the price of the BMW HP lever set.

I also ordered the HP standard seat, I love the look of this item as it has that cool embroidered XR on the ramp to the pillion seat.

I also ordered the alarm, bike too damned light anybody could manhandle it into a van and be gone in two minutes.

I also ordered the Akrapovic exhaust as I plan on enjoying this motor for a few years and always wanted one of these, just never had a bike it would of mattered on. I know it is strictly for looks, weight savings and tone. I am ok with this to the point I can hardly wait until these items show up for installation.

As soon as everything is installed I will grab some photos and let you guys see what they look like.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by fasttrak [+]
Yesterday I ordered Pazzo levers in red, nice adjustable units that were less than half the price of the BMW HP lever set.

fasttrak, are they the same type as on the S1000R?  And do you have any pics?  Cheers
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline Welshman

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW HP2 Sport
  • Town: Bewdley
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:11:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by fasttrak [+]
I have seen the Kriega items before on other bikes, just not certain that type of tail bag will fit so looking for feedback. I know not may XR out in the wild yet, but sooner or later folks will start filling in the blanks and sharing information.

I also ordered the alarm, bike too damned light anybody could manhandle it into a van and be gone in two minutes.

I'll bet that the Kriega tailpacks fit just fine - they have adjustable straps that fit under the seat. The quality is also excellent. I've got a BMW 50l soft tailbag which should fit reasonably well - I used it for 2 years on my S1000RR - but I might Ebay that and get the Kriega with the 30l capacity.

As for an alarm I think you're overestimating the time it would take to get your bike in the back of a van - more like 15 seconds and no one will pay a blind bit of notice to your alarm.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by bagwafu [+]
fasttrak, are they the same type as on the S1000R?  And do you have any pics?  Cheers

It was stated in another thread that my dealer made a mistake, Pazzo does not yet have a brake lever, the clutch appears to work from the S1000R. Pazzo is working on a set now, hopefully be available soon.

Offline bagwafu

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: South Central
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:19:38 PM »
ok thanks I'll keep checking their website - nothing there as yet.
S1000XR SE Sport

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »
I won't bother with hard luggage on this bike, as I think it will ruin the look. For 1-2 nights, I use a Kreiga US10:

And for between 3 nights and a week, a Kreiga US30. I'm not a big fan of tank bags, so use the Wunderlich handlebar bag, which I also use on my GSA:

Right now, I'm waiting for the HP rear sets, but Germany doesn't even have stock yet, which is a PITA, as my first service is on Saturday, and I'd have liked them fitted at the same time.