Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: XR Daytime Running Lights - fitted or not ?  (Read 14215 times)

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
Re: XR Daytime Running Lights - fitted or not ?
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:30 PM
My Sport SE has it. It looks bright in the garage, so will see how it looks when in the wild!

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
  • Town: Gloucestershire
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 08:04:20 AM
Rich, mine was held back in Germany because allegedly they have had an issue with fitting the DRLs and making them work with the ECU and electrics, so you must have one of the first bikes with DRL in the UK.  They replaced my ordered bike with another one from Bracknell which does not have DRL (like most of the original demos) but they have promised to retrofit mine with the lights as soon as they can.
Shoud be interesting!
Pete

Offline Gunter50

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Bicester, Oxon
Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 11:22:52 PM
Picked mine up today & has the daytime light fitted. looked really bright in the showroom!! Out for the first ride and with the day time light on, some cock in a car pulls out in front of me.Just manage to stop in time: I`m wondering how effective the light is in daylight or was i just the victim of a blind wanker??
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:31:38 PM by Gunter50

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 11:29:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Gunter50 [+]
Picked mine up toady & has the daytime light fitted. looke dreally bright in the showroom!! Out for the first ride and with the day time light on, some cock in a car pulls out in front of me.Just manage to stop in time: I`m wondering how effective the light is in daylight or was i just the vivtim of a blind wanker??

Yep, another blind wanker. The light is very bright. Always got to be on your guard.

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 12:46:11 AM
*Originally Posted by RichS1000XR [+]
Yep, another blind wanker. The light is very bright. Always got to be on your guard.

Absolutely!

Never get complacent and think those on the side streets always notice you, many do not. If I do not get eye contact I will usually go into the s-weave, that seems to always get their attention and actually look at me. Might drive some folks nuts with my antics but at least they notice and acknowledge I'm there.

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR&R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 09:45:46 PM
Ride as if everyone is out to kill you, works for me :)  :305:
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Offline Gunter50

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Bicester, Oxon
Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 11:31:56 PM
To be fair...ive used the daytime running light for 500 miles now and had no further issues so i think with my experience (on the day i pcked it up from the dealer!!) was perhaps a one off and it could have been a UFO From the film Close Encounters and the driver still would not have seen me!

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 08:50:32 AM
*Originally Posted by PlanktonPete [+]
Rich, mine was held back in Germany because allegedly they have had an issue with fitting the DRLs and making them work with the ECU and electrics, so you must have one of the first bikes with DRL in the UK.  They replaced my ordered bike with another one from Bracknell which does not have DRL (like most of the original demos) but they have promised to retrofit mine with the lights as soon as they can.
Shoud be interesting!
Pete

When I got my bike, I checked the spec on the vin decoder, and the DRL was fitted at the factory. :046:

Offline Petebaldy

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000 XR SE
  • Town: Huddersfield
Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:48 PM
The daytime running light was missing on mine the dealer said he would knock £400 off if I didn't want it which I thought was ok much rather have headlight on because unless you are directly in front of the led running light you can hardly see it

Offline mcoskun

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 04:21:53 PM
My bike came without it. I wanted to order but the dealer said it was not possible. Bike should have been ordered with it. Have you hear anythink about DLR upgrade for non-DLR bikes.

dysfunctional