Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: XR Daytime Running Lights - fitted or not ?  (Read 14214 times)

Offline PlanktonPete

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Gloucestershire
Re: XR Daytime Running Lights - fitted or not ?
Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
My dealer has confirmed that there will be an upgrade kit which will be made available once they figure out the electronics to be changed (requires removing the front centre cowling) and mine will be retrofitted FOC (which I agreed at collection and wrote on the delivery invoice).
No news on when yet though.

Online Antares

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000XR
Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 10:40:38 AM
Might be a bit late on this, but I have an early 2015 model with no DRLs however my model is fully specced (Sport, Touring, Dynamic packages, all bits and bobs added) Dealer told me it was never selected, how can that be if it's supposed to be standard equipment on these packages? Either way dealer doesn't look like they wanna do it so what are my options?

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR&R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
Reply #22 on: April 01, 2021, 10:56:05 AM
Never too late  :038: let me dust the grey matter off, ok if I remember rightly when I purchased my 2015 XR, DRL wasn't even an optional extra and as far as I can remember was supposed to be fitted as standard as it was an EU requirement at the time.
Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:56:43 AM by Shado
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Online Antares

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2015 BMW S1000XR
Reply #23 on: April 01, 2021, 10:59:58 AM
*Originally Posted by Shado [+]
Never too late  :038: let me dust the grey matter off, ok if I remember rightly when I purchased my 2015 XR, DRL wasn't even an optional extra and as far as I can remember was supposed to be fitted as standard as it was an EU requirement at the time.

Wow, quick response after 6 years!! :152:
What do you mean by EU requirement, that it has to be  led? My bike has the little 501 running lights inside the main headlights, was the DRL mandatory on top of those?

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR&R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
Reply #24 on: April 01, 2021, 12:44:55 PM
I might have been bulshitting the dealer with the EU line at the time for the DRL :164:, needless to say I got one free with fitting, I mean its not as if they weren't making enough money out of me at the time with all the added extras etc so I felt no guilt, anyway good luck im going back to sleep in my cave;)
Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 12:49:52 PM by Shado
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!