Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XR Comfort Seat  (Read 5472 times)

Offline 45miles

• XR Junior
  • Bike: F650
  • Town: Cheltenham
XR Comfort Seat
« on: June 18, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
Came across this "comfort seat" for the XR in my interweb travels. Might be of interest to someone who wants to make the change.

http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/motorcycle-seats/gel-comfort-seat-bmw-s-1000-xr-i4001-61612-0.htm

Only issue is that you need to send in your old seat (or that would be your "very" new seat!) which they adapt  :155:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
Re: XR Comfort Seat
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »
Not sure I like the shape of the seating area, it is all sloped and seems it would create a hot spot on your tail bone after a couple hours. The Sargent seat looks like a good option, I think the BMW HP seat should be fine since I like the stock seat so far.

Offline Shado

• XR Member
  • Bike: BMW R Nine T
  • Town: Jersey CI
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »
For me the hp seat feels far more comfortable compared to standard but I haven't ridden on it yet I would like to try a Sargent or Corbin when they bring one out but only being 5,9 it might raise the ride hieght too much , well see  :305:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:34:16 PM by Shado »
In Life there is no reverse, ride it like you stole it!

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 12:18:33 AM »
Hoping you are right for my ass too as my seat, levers and exhaust came in. I have to drop off the stock exhaust for the Explorer I traded in along with the key code spare, I will toss on the levers if they are simple enough and the HP seat. I will have the dealer do the alarm, exhaust and first service the following Saturday.

dysfunctional