Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cymarc lowering kit  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: County durham
Cymarc lowering kit
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »
Hi all, anyone out there used cymarc for lowering the xr? he's claiming a safe drop of 20-25mm which would drop it to the height of my old tuono seat height but it's a wide seat the xr  so just wondering if it Makes a useable difference? Thanks

Offline Hobo

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE
  • Town: Warwick
Re: Cymarc lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:54:10 PM »
I have fitted a lowering kit from Soupy's in the US (and there are various other threads about it).

I had a K1300s with seat height of 820mm and hoped the lower XR seat would feel the same. However, a combination of wider seat and pegs located just where your feet want to plant made it a bit precarious for me (30" inside leg). The Soupy's key is adjustable and I have lowered the rear and front (lowered yokes) by about 20mm. I feels great, lowers the centre of gravity of the bike and I haven't touched the pegs down yet even though they are that much lower.

Offline Toothdoctor

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000xr se
  • Town: County durham
Re: Cymarc lowering kit
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 06:58:51 AM »
Hi hobo, thanks yeah I'd seen the threads for soupy's  kit just wondering about the cymarc ones if anyone had experienced those TBH they look the same! . How difficult was it to do? any special tools required or stands etc , also mines got ESA no issues with that? Thanks

dysfunctional