Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Christmas fast approaches... what can i buy myself !  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Gatsoburner

• XR Pro
  • Bike: Red XR SE
  • Town: Manchester
Christmas fast approaches... what can i buy myself !
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
Well the Nav V was top of the list about 2-3 months ago however I managed to blag one at a good price. Flogged a few bike related goodies on fleabay which has bolstered my coughers for a new lid..

I've been an Arai guy for yonks but a tad miffed with the side pods going 'ping' at £30 odd quid a go. The Shoei Gt Air has caught my eye as has the Bm system 6 lid. Not sure which way to go or wait a month until the sales, also tempting to buy at the bike show in a few weeks... :084:

I'd also like a slightly taller screen and an Akra. A race drone would be good too, a 6ft blonde (female) with 38" norks, 30 waist 34 hips who rides bikes.

Therapy...

You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrists.

Offline Troppo

• XR Pro
  • Bike: XR
Re: Christmas fast approaches... what can i buy myself !
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »
I have a NXR Shoei and a mate has the GT air.  Nice helmets.  Much better than Arai...IMHO..

Offline RichS1000XR

• XR Master
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Surrey
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:16 AM »
I had a few Arais over the years, and now have a GT Air. It's the best helmet I've ever had.

Offline Gazk

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000xr SE Sport
  • Town: Leicester
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »
Schuberth all the way, I've has a few Arai and found them too noisy for anything above 30mph.

As with tyres it's all very personal what suites one is not close the another and there's no way to try before you buy!
After over thirty years behind the bars, I’ve still not done it all or seen it all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/emmanuelgoldstein1

Offline Redrick

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S 1000 XR SE
  • Town: The death Star
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »
Helmets first I have an Arai rebel greaqt fit very comfy and the paint scheme suits the bike System 6 was for me too heavy and too bulky but it was quiet. Shoei GT air was next and that was the noisiest helmet I have ever owned. Tour X4 brilliant on the GSA but not so on the XR as the peak wanted to rip my head off over 100mph so what fits is what fits !

I have a little used Puig touring screen dark tint that i didnt get on with yours for 20 quid collected

AS for the Blonde well at Xmas Rich XR often wears a wig and dresses up in womens clothes something to do with funding Xmas presents ..............
You tell me how fast I was going Officer !

Offline grizzle

• XR Pro
  • Bike: HP Motorsport
  • Town: North Wales
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »
Go take a look at Helmet city co uk

They are selling off last years GT air's from £325 as they have  the 2017 helmets in

I got mine from them last year for 340, great helmet, great service

Try one on first

Offline Fordy99

• XR Member
  • Bike: Sport SE
  • Town: Cambs
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »
I was an 'Arai man' for years then went Shoei but now definitely Schuberth all the way. MUCH quieter than both.  Like Gatso I got fed up with the Arai side pods breaking and the visor change mechanism was pants compared to Shoei and Schuberth. 

Save up and get a SR1 or SR2 at the bike show. You won't regret it. My Schuberth has been all over Europe with me for 3 years running and it's still like new.