Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pirelli Angel GT  (Read 5991 times)

Offline barnsyuk

• XR Member
  • S1000XR, 1941 Harley Davidson UL.
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: UK South Coast
Re: Pirelli Angel GT
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »
Doh, having a senior moment, yup I meant Michelin, love those unfiltered seniors...

Online merlin

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
  • Town: Ilminster
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »
Yeah I get those occasionally.

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 02:27:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by merlin [+]
Yeah I get those occasionally.

Just occasionally ?
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Offline RedbirdXR

• XR Member
  • Bike: 2016 XR/GSXR1000
  • Town: san ramon,CA USA
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 06:13:04 PM »
I had a about 5,000 miles on the Angel GT's.  Lots of great riding on them, loved them for the first 4,500 miles.  While there was still significant tire wear left, I was getting less than a sure footed ride on them.

I swapped out with a pair of Dunlop Q3+ I got at an auction.  So far, I'm thrilled not to have the used GT's as the questionable feelings are gone.  I not in love with the Q3+, but still breaking in.  Turn in is great.  I do get a lot of the vibrations back from the original bike, but I kinda like the tingling feeling in my fingers after a hard ride (is that or am I weird?). 

Offline MelbXR

• XR Member
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 11:10:25 PM »
I ran the GTs on my bike.

Much prefer the new Michelin R5 I put on 6000kms ago....

Offline Martyn B

• XR Pro
  • Sultan of Bling
  • Bike: S1000XR SE 2018
  • Town: Melksham, Wilts
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2019, 02:35:07 PM »
Putting Angels onto my XR on Friday to see what they're like.

The only good thing about the XR being hungry on tyres is that if I don't like them it won't be long till the next set come along!  :034:
What a long strange trip it's been...

Online Bree

• XR God
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »
Still got Angels on mine Although I will be changing them for Roadtec 01s. Nothing wrong with the Angels really good tyre in all weathers. But I got a very good price on the Metzeler.
Everything  Will Be Alright In The End, If Not Then Its Not The End.

Online miategra

• XR Member
  • Bike: s1000xr
  • Town: Istanbul
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
I wanted to give a quick update of my thoughts on Angel GTs.

First I want to say that I will be comparing how I feel on the bike between OEM Diablo Rosso II, Rosso III and Angel GTs.

Angel GTs makes me feel much more confident and safer when I just get on the bike. I think it is caused of two plus one issues. First I'm little short for s1000xr, 172cm. I think shape of the tire ( Rosso's especially Rosso III much more egg shaped then Angel Gt's.) Second, they definitely warm up quicker in our shitty tarmac. Third, I had the chance to try them on rain. The difference between Rosso III and Angel Gt is like day and night on wet tarmac. If you can control your wrist it is nearly like riding on dry with Angel GT when you compare to Rosso III. 
Those were the pros...
After a fast ride on mountain roads, when I check the tire for how much space left on the tire surface to lean I saw that it was like 3mm to the edge. I checked because I was feeling not confident enough to push the bike further like the Rosso III's. With the Rosso's left space was around 10mm's.
This is my only con...
At the end Angel GT is a touring tire and I hope that it will pay back the the mileage that I can do with a set of tire. For Rosso II it was 8000kms for Rosso III it was 8800kms for me. We will see how much kms I can squeeze from Angel GT's.
Conclusion,
Because of the ugly tread pattern of the front tire (speaking of Angel GT II) I went for Angel GT. I'm happy with them but unless I can squeeze 12000kms form them I will definitely go back to Rosso III.

Offline Franksie

• XR Junior
  • Bike: XR1000SE
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 03:31:08 PM »
Well I decided to get some new tyres today. My old T30,s were squared off to the point of being unsafe. Done 5.7 k miles so not bad.
Anyway my supplier has an offer on the Pirelli Angel GT 2,s from which is an offer from Pirelli not the dealer. So a front and rear is £199.00 fitted incl. taxes.Its like buy a rear get the front free. Its a no-brainer for quality tyres and I'm so glad to get shut of the Bridgestones,which I never really liked that much. I'll let  you know how they perform when I get a few miles on them.

Offline Wonger

• XR Pro
  • Bike: '18 S1000XR
  • Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by RedbirdXR [+]
I had a about 5,000 miles on the Angel GT's.  Lots of great riding on them, loved them for the first 4,500 miles.  While there was still significant tire wear left, I was getting less than a sure footed ride on them.

I swapped out with a pair of Dunlop Q3+ I got at an auction.  So far, I'm thrilled not to have the used GT's as the questionable feelings are gone.  I not in love with the Q3+, but still breaking in.  Turn in is great.  I do get a lot of the vibrations back from the original bike, but I kinda like the tingling feeling in my fingers after a hard ride (is that or am I weird?).

Not weird at all. The Q3+ has a very stiff carcass. It will increase feedback and vibrations felt to the rider. I've tried them on multiple bikes and even my track bike, but I prefer the softer Bridgestone feel. Pirelli is in between the two, IMO.

dysfunctional