Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Radiator and oil cooler guards NOW available!  (Read 7682 times)

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
  • Bike: S1000XR SE (RED)
  • Town: Huddersfield
New Radiator and oil cooler guards NOW available!
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:50:18 AM »
Hey there everyone....

Get your NOW!!! :046: got to be a MUST have!!!

http://www.evotech-performance.com/s1000-xr/bmw-s-1000-xr-2015-onwards-radiator-and-oil-cooler-guard-set

99.99 of your earth pounds! :063:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!!!

Offline S1000XR

• Forum Help & Support
  • XR Pro
Re: New Radiator and oil cooler guards NOW available!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 07:49:41 PM »
Saw these a few days ago when they were "coming soon", top marks for spotting that they are now available  :028:

The guys on the S1000R forum highly rate these so maybe a "must have" to add to your wish list  :169:

:821:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Bike: BMW S1000XR
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »
These look nicely built but think I am gonna hold out for some stainless steel built units from Powerbronze or such. The weight savings in this area is less a concern for me as is durability.

Offline MikeLW

• XR Junior
  • Bike: S1000XR Sport SE
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »
Hi all,
Just a question for everyone regarding any rad and oil cooler guards on the XR..
The guy who sold me mine pointed out that the bike has an "InAir" readout (and presumably logs this somewhere for diagnostics) and that the engine design is matched for the airflow without any obstructions (read guards) :012:
There was an intimation that BMW might not look too favorably on any warranty claim if it is cooling related and guards are fitted.

Has anyone else been told or heard anything like this?? or better still has anyone spoken to BMW about it?
Regard
Mike

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
Bottom Line...your much more likely to suffer radiator damage than overheating...I'd say its a no-brainer!!!

:028:

Offline RobbiHK

• XR Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
The main reason BMW don't want you to fit these as they are NOT now selling many replacement Radiators and oil coolers!!! They do not affect airflow...i have had them on my past 3 new bikes without any over heating issues and I live in Hong Kong where its a constant 30 degrees and 90% humidity......I have had no issues what-so-ever......so its BS from BMW :232:

Offline Forum Admin

• XR Administrator
  • XR Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
It's hard to see from the pics but it looks like the mesh on Evotechguards are a hexagonal mesh arrangement. From a aerodynamic perspective thats highly efficient and would give a pretty good airflow through to the actual rad.   :038:

Unless it's a MotoGP bike I doubt it would make much difference.   :821:

Offline fasttrak

• XR Pro
  • Chasing sunsets at 90 MPH.
  • Town: Morgan Hill
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »
I would not worry about the inlet temp sensor, it is a couple inches at the inlet where the air temp is being read. These screens would cut down the total airflow over the two radiators a small amount but nothing that would be detrimental to performance. With the Nav 5 you can pull up all the pertinent information along with air inlet temp and if you were worried you could monitor it directly yourself. Already I have three spots where small rocks have dinged off the upper radiator, I will be getting one of the Power Bronze as soon as they are available.

Offline grnmtvt

• XR Pro
  • Bike: S1000XR
  • Town: Essex Junction
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »
Great info!  I've actually ordered my guards through my dealer and he is putting them on today with the first service.  He is a stickler for adhereing to the BMW corporate line and he has said nothing about the R & G guards presenting any issue with BMW.
And I'm glad because that black is going to look sexy as hell!!!   :082:
Many people ride.....but for a select group of people it's more than a ride....it's one of life's great passions.

Offline RoadRunner

• XR Pro
  • Town: Peoria
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 04:17:02 AM »
 I had the Evotech guards on my S1000R in Arizona and never had any overheating issues.  I will be putting the Evotech guards on my XR as soon as they are delivered.  They are great looking and excellent quality.